on 20 March 2015
The copy of this booklet that I received from World of Books was published in 2006, so is nearly ten years out of date. Technology and miniaturisation have advanced, so the advice in the early editions is at a basic (historic?) level. Since I haven't seen the latest edition, I find it impossible to rate the edition of the guide-book that I suspect you will wish to purchase. I suggest that you try to contact the book-seller before you order through Amazon to ensure that you do not, like me, receive an early edition.
on 9 January 2010
Simple intro to navigation via gps. Easy exercises to follow and emulate. Language is clear and concise, makes the whole thing accessible to complete beginners.
Recommend
on 7 January 2013
Well written guide for the novice and more experienced outdoor activist. Instructive for those who wish to be more adventurous in their walking.
on 2 September 2013
I bought it for my wife but it has not proved very useful - searching online proved a more useful source of information.
on 26 May 2012
An easy to read orientation to the use of GPS for non-motorised, recreational, off-road activities. Covers all the basics without technobabble or geek-speak. Jolly good! Now, let's take a hike!
on 27 November 2012
The book was readable and informative, as advertised, and will be a help in activities such as geocaching among other things.
on 15 April 2010
I had quite a few questions regarding the facilities of a GPS for walkers. This handbook helped me determine what machine I wanted and gave me details on what use I could get from it. I want to be able to go out walking, in a favorite spot, but also keep my bearings up to date while walking. I guess you could say "a belt and braces approach".
on 21 October 2014
A well written and useful guide, but I have still to get into it to become more familiar wit my Garmin etrex10 Satnav.
Clear illustrations and diagrams, and easy to understand terminology, much better than the standard instruction booklet supplied by Garmin.
on 16 October 2013
Useful, readable and utterly practicable.
Everything the dedicated GPS Walker from novice to expert will need,
Should be in every backpack
on 8 July 2010
This is a very good book if you are just starting out with GPS particularly if you have just bought a Garmin eTrex H. Thats the GPS model that is used for the descriptions in the book. Im sure it would be helpful for other models.