on 6 September 2010
We had been using an older version (1997), which had led to some interesting conversations with local walkers but much better now we have a more up to date version. We have been impressed with the guidance notes, though my sense of direction still needs some work on!
on 24 March 2013
Some good ideas. I would like to see these books backed up with a link to a website where gpx data can be downloaded to smartphone apps such as back country navigator. Sometimes, waymarkers along the route can get defaced/removed so it's handy to have a backup plan.
on 20 October 2012
Cracking Guides I Recommend these, they are great and easy to take along with you, good details and easy to follow. This one is local to my area I have discoved new areas. I have others including the new forest.
on 1 July 2013
This was a present for my son in law who is an avid walker, he was very pleased to receive as he now found more unknown places to walk too. Very informative.
on 16 March 2015
A small, handy, beautifully illustrated book that acts as a lovely introduction to exploring the Chilterns with its easy manageable walks.
on 12 September 2010
I liked this booked because it had "walks for everyone" from the short gentle stroll to something a little more testing. However I only got to try one of the walks out because whilst out walking with the book I lost it! But the one walk I tried was very good except that towards the end the directions became less clear and so I lost my way. For that reason - I have not replaced my lost copy.