5.0 out of 5 stars From Tat to 'where did you get that'!
Having a growing hoard of holey jumpers and chipped cups and a vague idea to get creative with some fashionable 'upcycling' - this book has come just in time. Now I can follow the practical steps to make some lovely new stuff - all projects are explained clearly and are beautifly illustrated. Inspiring - handmade presents you would actually want to receive and tresasure.
Published 18 months ago by LucyBT

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing & Unoriginal
I am loving the resurgence of all things crafty and very much sold on the idea of recyling and upcycling, so this book should have ticked all the boxes, but I am sorry to say it was rather dissapointing.
The ideas are not particularly original (save for a couple - the lego clock is brill!).
Other projects are very basic and most certainly have that rough around...
Published 17 months ago by HT

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: ReCraft: How to Turn Second-hand Stuff into Beautiful Things for your Home, Family and Friends (Paperback)
loved this book, great ideas for redrafting ideas, but gave me thoughts about making from new, has inspired me to sew more

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointed, 9 Jan 2014
I found the ideas unimaginative and simplistic and not suiting my taste. I would certainly question that any of the ideas were beautiful.. Not what I was expecting at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clever ideas, 22 Dec 2013
The book was clearly described and I got what I was looking for. I wanted craft ideas that used recycled materials and the patterns are very clever and stimulating. Instructions are simple and materials readily available.

4.0 out of 5 stars New for old!, 25 Aug 2013
Pink Poppy (Sussex England) - See all my reviews
Some good original ideas for recycling items and fabrics but part of the instructions are missing with some items. But look on that as a challenge and work through it. Received in good condition and with prompt delivery

4.0 out of 5 stars really good, 2 Aug 2013
I was happy with this book and have attempted some projects. I love the idea of up cycle and this gave me ideas.

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 15 July 2013
Its a great little book with lots of lovely ideas in. It is definitely worth the buy. I would reccomend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for tips on useful recycling around the home, 11 Jun 2013
Great book with lots of projects to enable you to recycle or 'ReCraft' items found in arty and creative ways.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for novices and experienced crafters, 16 May 2013
I am enjoying this book very much. It is clearly written and the instructions easy to understand. It also has diagrams to help to explain techniques. A good quality book the I'm sure I will make great use of in reusing things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quirky project, to appeal to all ages., 3 Dec 2012
My husband bought me this book to inspire a bit of family making for our new house! There are lots of different fun projects, some more highly skilled and time consuming for an afternoon's concentration others are much quicker and easier. My 9 year old son, jumped up to make their very clever Lego clock!!!!
This book would appeal to those who horde bits and pieces and just need a bit of inspiration to breathe new life into them. It is great for older children who need a few funky ideas as accessories for their rooms and wardrobes.
I will be making paper pattern lampshades this holiday !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring for beginners, 15 Nov 2012
Stayed up last night to make cards for all the birthdays that are coming up after being inspired by ReCraft. As a complete beginner I needed to start basic and work my way up to actual sewing projects. But I already have my eye on the Lego clock and the egg cosies and felt corsages don't look too difficult....I like the templates that suit lots of projects.
The drawings and photos are lovely and really helpful, so I will be buying a few more copies as Christmas presents for teenage nieces and family far away.

ARRAY(0xb6a08588)