I have never written a full review before, but am so pleased with this little book that i find myself wanting to tell everyone about it!....

Published 15 months ago by Teen

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough information
Very limited information, as a frequent visitor to these fairs there are many missing and no new ones I am sure exist.
Published 13 months ago by Dolly

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book! Ideal size,full of great info,simple to use, great gift!, 1 July 2013
Teen (Somerset ,United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Vintage and Antiques Fairs of England (Paperback)

This is such a great little book! I love visiting Vintage and Antique Fairs in my area (south west) but I often wish I knew in advance when they were on or the exact location in more detail. I have also wanted to visit similar fairs around the country but found it a mission to find any information on them if any. So I was thrilled when I saw this book was due for publication ...

It is really nicely written with a lovely introduction, a very detailed write up on what to expect from the 'Fair Experience' explaining when to go, how to get there, where to stay, what to bring, how to bargain & fair schedules, what to look for and even how to transport your bargains home!
The book contains some really wonderful photos to accompany each description. It is laid out by County or Region making it so simple to find a fair to visit, I also found it to be perfect while on holiday recently, as we decided to visit a fair close to where we were staying!

Each section contains :

Location, Train Station, Dates, Vendors, Fees, Price/Quality Range, Accessibility by Public Transport,Times, Amenities on site, the Fairs own website, How to Get There and Featured Items. There is a brilliant write up on each fair and a little information on "Other Things To Do" in the area!

Sandy Price (author) really has thought of everything you could want to know! I have purchased several as presents now and keep mine on the coffee table all the time, just in case we are lost for something to do one weekend! I cant recommend it enough, anyone with an interest in Vintage/Antiques/Carboots/Fairs or just going for a 'mooch' will love this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Small book with lots of information., 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Vintage and Antiques Fairs of England (Paperback)
I wanted a directory of antiques and vintage fairs so purchased this one after reading an article in a magazine.
The book is smaller than I expected ,around 6" square. Handy size to take with you, and soft backed.
It is however packed with information . photographs and tips regarding each fair, in geographical order.
We have only visited one of the fairs so far, and It was listed as a new fair, which to be honest was correct, the day
we visited was very quiet.
We would have to visit more to give a full review of accuracy of the fairs , but as a book, it is interesting and appears to do what it promises.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Vintage and Antiques Fairs of England (Paperback)
Extremely handy book, can save you thousands of pounds and hours of time. Recommend to everyone who is interested in purchasing antiques.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most informative., 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Vintage and Antiques Fairs of England (Paperback)
Can't fault this book. Exactely the information I wanted, nicely illustrated. A great book to have if your'e planning to go bargain hunting.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough information, 11 Sep 2013

The Vintage and Antiques Fairs of England
The Vintage and Antiques Fairs of England by Sandy Price (Paperback - 2 May 2013)