on 2 December 2009
I love sheep - not in the platonic sense of course you realise.
Wandering the lakeside fells they fit in beautifully. They are also intelligent and often pretty. This book shows them in their true beauty.
However although we started off saying "oh and ahh" at the cuteness of the sheep in this book that was soon replaced by laughter.
If like me you also think sometimes sheep are really funny then you should see the pictures in this book!
We howled as we turned the pages...
When I got to the Beltex on page 40 I could hardly breath.... I have not laughed so hard in years... at the expression on it's face - it just looks so unimpressed!
I have already ordered another copy for a friend who too likes hillwalking - and sheep!
Just buy a copy - you will not regret it!
Having seen this book in so many different shops, I was persuaded by my other half to buy her a copy!

It is a very unusual, beautiful, gentle and fabulously off the wall book that will not disappoint.

The sheep images are it has to be said superb, the content is just right.

There is nothing at all not to like about this book.

Buy it!
IF you're a sheep fan!
beautifully presented coffee table book, which a lot of people find interesting to pick and and browse through!!
on 1 January 2011
If I said to you "I have a book full of photographs of sheep, and I get a great deal of pleasure from looking at it..." you'd be forgiven for calling the police.

But it would be hard to exaggerate the ease with which a smile appears on one's face when browsing through this book. Guests pick it up with an air of trepidation, but they all end up smiling. It's a great, fun, little book. The sheep are beautifully photographed and each one has a personality all of its own.

Before picking up this book I had never considered myself a big fan of livestock, but now I can openly say that I love sheep. But not in the Biblical sense.
on 14 January 2010
I bought this book recently and now it has become a regular part of my children's bedtime routine. My littlest boy loves the pictures of the different breeds, and enjoys guessing whether the example depicted is a boy or girl. My 14-year-old and I love the expressions on the faces of the sheep, and comparing the stats, in a sort of Top Trumpsish way. The text is also quite often rather entertaining to the confirmed city dweller. For instance, one type is recommended for its "fleshing qualities" E[...] We have just ordered Beautiful Pigs and are eagerly awaiting Beautiful Cows. Might we suggest Beautiful Chickens?

We can't recommend this too highly!
on 19 November 2012
Bought this book as a gift for a sheep loving friend on his 50th Birthday. The book is good quality with clear print and pictures and boy, what beautiful pictures they are! This book caused so much laughter in that one evening that even if it is never picked up again we have already have our tenners worth of fun from it. A lighthearted book with great pics, a must for any avid sheep lover!
on 10 April 2014
Excellent bok. One for all the family. See if you can see likeness to famous people or your family and friends. Hours of entertainment.
on 17 August 2014
Some men likes women,
Somen men likes boys,
But my sheep's warm and beautiful,
And makes a baaaaring noise.
on 12 March 2013
bought for farming son in laws birthday together with beautiful cows book. It too was enjoyed by all the family
on 26 March 2014
The sheep in this book are so beautiful but also very funny, the expressions on some of them are hilarious,