5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Published on 21 Dec. 2011 by Miss_Lovely

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as i thought it might be
having had a glance through this some of the suggestions are a bit adventorous & need extra materials you dont find locally
Published 15 months ago by Mr. M. Gilray

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Make it Wild!: 101 Things to Make and Do Outdoors (Paperback)
I love the book. My daughter is 6 & we find some craft/activity books a little repetetive or babyish. This book has some fantastic ideas that are a lot more original & challenging, requiring a little more skill than just blobbing glue or sticking tape everywhere. It really encourages adult/child bonding & is all the excuse you need to get outdoors. Even on what would normally be the most miserable of days; we go out, have some fun getting wet & muddy collecting our goodies from the garden/park/woods then get home in the cosy warm & complete our task. It also teaches young people to look at nature in a new light. My daughter was always picking up interesting stones/leaves/twigs on our journeys & now we actually have a use for them. Fantastic for inspiring imagination & learning to appreciate & respect nature, especially as some activities actively require the help of nature to complete- like the Ice Windows. I now have to remember to carry a bag in my pocket at all times because I never know when she'll come across more 'treasure'!!
Depending on the age of your youngster, I'd say this is not a book you would give in place of your time or attention (if you were hoping to find a way to distract the kids while you are busy) because a lot of the activities are quite intricate or have complicated aspects that younger children would need assistance with but if you are looking for things for you & your child/family to do together, I can't recommend enough. If, on top of that, you're looking for a way to get your children out in the fresh air & developing skills instead of couped up in the house staring at electronic screens- this is a must!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 7 Jun. 2010
L. Kennedy - See all my reviews
A wonderful series of books and this latest one complements them. the books are well used in the woods when working with children & this half term we tried out the bows & arrows, peashooters and cups.....easy to use for adults and children alike, whilst simulating superb experiences for children.

5.0 out of 5 stars GET THIS BOOK, 5 Aug. 2010
Everybody who has children, grandchildren works with children should have a copy of this book, there are activities to do with young children up to teenagers, some need adult help and suppervision

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 13 Oct. 2010
This book is gorgeous and has lots ideas for outdoor creations. I love every page and can't wait to put them into practise with my children. Lets go to the woods right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Joyful creativity, 3 April 2011
Mrs. Donna Young (West Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
LOVE this book. It might look like a book for parents of young children but it's appealed to my inner child :-) My son is grown up so it is a pure indulgence for adult me, though my partner is beginning to think about joining in. Have used it on camp, in the garden, on the beach. Everything is so do-able, fun & looks great. The art gets people talking too. A pure joy & one of my most used reference books! Thoroughly recommend it to anyone that loves the outdoors & being creative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and imaginative ideas for outdoor play, 21 May 2011
This is a great book - easy to read and lovely photography - full of ideas for crafty projects out of doors. Some are really easy, such as the snow lanterns which we did with our toddler a few times in the winter, whilst others are for older children or would take much longer to create. I know we'll go on using this book for years to come and I have bought it for other people too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make It Wild, 23 April 2012
I bought this book for ideas for a Beach School (like a forest school but on a beach), I'm looking to set up.
It has loads of simple and brilliant ideas, some easy, some more difficult. It covered ideas for each of the seasons too. This is only one of a range of books and they are all fantastic !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outdoor Education, 25 Feb. 2011
This is a fabulous book packed with ideas that can be adapted for young or older "children". At present I'm using it to develop teamwork and leadership skills with eight and nine year olds through brilliant fun in a forest school. We'll hit the beach next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 Nov. 2011
This book is absolutely brilliant! A must have for anyone in the vicinity of children. We are all eagerly awaiting winter to make ice windows. My 5 year old wants to make everything in the book. Superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 28 Feb. 2013
Lovely presentation, pictures and ideas. I went out and found some clay by a stream (responsibly) and made a face and stuck it to a tree. Would never have thought of doing that had I not read this book and it was so easy. While ideas may be simple and obvious to those who are naturally gifted at these types of things, it is great for those of us who get a little stuck for ideas. Can't wait until my child is old enough to do all these activities. In the mean time, I shall let my inner child run free and get some nature art and crafty practice in.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Make it Wild!: 101 Things to Make and Do Outdoors
Make it Wild!: 101 Things to Make and Do Outdoors by Jo Schofield (Paperback - 6 May 2010)