5.0 out of 5 stars Natural Dreams
I bought this book a year ago with a number of other related books, when
my son was two and a half. I am one of a group of mothers who meet weekly
Published on 5 Mar. 2008 by Athanassios Skalkos

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK
I've only found one thing I can do with my 3-year old in this book - making elf houses. There, I've told you, and even then I think I'm more into it than he is. If you have time and energy to do crafty things there may be more. So it's a bit of a disappointment really. Maybe some of the others in the series are better. I would think it would be useful for scout masters...
Published 15 months ago by A reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Natural Dreams, 5 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Nature's Playground: Activities, Crafts and Games to Encourage Children to get Outdoors: Activities, Crafts and Games to Encourage Your Children to Enjoy the Great Outdoors (Hardcover)
I bought this book a year ago with a number of other related books, when
my son was two and a half. I am one of a group of mothers who meet weekly
with our children in local woodlands and we've used it every season since and we're looking foreward to the coming year to try activities my son and his friends were too young for before. The ideas are simple and easy to follow or re-invent according to different enviornments and the photographs are inspirational on cold winter days when the warmth of the indoors is difficult to leave.

5.0 out of 5 stars lots of great ideas, 12 Jun. 2010
J. Stephen - See all my reviews
I have 3 boys, am a teacher and brownie leader. I have lots of experience in entertaining children outdoors but found this invaluable. It has lots of great ideas for either filling five minutes or a whole day. The book consists of mainly activities and pictures to inspire you. There are seasonal sections and an all year section, as well as night time and party ideas. i thought this book was brilliant, well laid out, informative and easy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Get outside and enjoy!, 16 May 2006
Alison (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Lots of fun ideas and inspiration for enjoying and learning from the countryside whatever the weather, whatever time of year. I can particularly see my children enjoying night walks and games to play in the dark and they have already borrowed my mortar and pestle to create perfumed potions. Lovely photos and illustrations too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for both parents and teachers, 3 Feb. 2010
Be The Change (Cumbria, England) - See all my reviews
A lovely book full of ideas to get everbody outdoors. Most of the ideas can be done with either an idividual child or a group of 20. Great if your wanting to plan a birthday party with a difference or a teacher looking for inspired activities related to geography, science, d&t etc. A wonderful book you can dip in and out of all year round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nature's Playground - release the inner child!, 30 Sept. 2009
mnbv (Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
This book was spot on for my requirements - it has great readability and the photographs are very clear. Some super ideas that took me back to being a child again!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant and practical, 19 Nov. 2009
Mrs. C. Dean (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
I have a few books of this type and many of them are more talk than activity and often aimed at much older children. this book is brilliantly practical and the activities are suitable for children of any age, my son is just 20 months and we are already doing various activities suggested. many of the activities don't need any extra apparatus and so can be done spontaniously on a walk and other activities are perfect for bringing inside on rainy days.

probably the most valuable activity book in my collection now, if I'd bought it first I wouldn't have needed the rest!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book - if you have children, get it !, 15 May 2006
M. Neill - See all my reviews
This is a really well thought out book, laid out with sections on different activities, designed to not just inspire parents, but really get the kids fired up.

It's beautifully presented - great photography and easy to follow ideas.

We only bought this recently, but have already got far more than our money's worth.

Some ideas will definitely be worth re-visiting as the children get older.

The whole family heartily recommend this book, we really haven't come across anything else that provides this sort of help, encouragement & inspiration, for families looking for ideas 'In the Great Outdoors'.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 4 Jun. 2009
we found this book to be a real treasure. i borrowed it from the library first and then had to get a copy to keep as it has great ideas in it for any season and we seem to go back to the book time and time again. well worth the buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nature's Playground saved the day, 17 May 2006
F. Fieth - See all my reviews
Ideas from this inspiring book saved the day at my daughter's recent birthday party when we unexpectedly found ourselves outside in the rain with time to spare. The girls had huge fun collecting a variety of objects from "Nature's Playground" and it was a delight to see their inventive creations when asked to find "a bed for an elf"!

I will certainly be dipping into this book on a regular basis, not least of all for imaginative games for my son's birthday party next month!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of practical ideas, 6 Nov. 2011
H. M. Woolley - See all my reviews
Book came quickly. Has lots of great ideas and practical support to get you started on the Forest schools idea.
Love the colourful pictures with real children getting messy whatever the weather