5.0 out of 5 stars A first class comprehensive guide and a great read
Published on 31 Oct 2003 by Lucy Clarke

2.0 out of 5 stars Reads like a 'pull out' from the Daily Mail
This book seems mainly concerned with telling us what a wonderful person the author is. There was too much opinion and, pardon the pun, flowery writing in it for my liking. At times I felt I was being brain washed and in danger of losing my own views. The discriminatory side of the authors personally is also way too prominent. She writes so much about 'thugs' and 'bully...
Published on 3 Sep 2011 by J. A. Macdonald

5.0 out of 5 stars A first class comprehensive guide and a great read, 31 Oct 2003
Lucy Clarke (Brown Candover, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Making a Wildflower Meadow (Hardcover)
Creating a wild flower meadow is not a straight forward task. Many who try, fail. I would not have begun to attempt turning my quartre acre plot of rough pasture into a wild flower meadow without this book. The book is holding my hand all the way and continues to answer all my questions and allay any fears of failure. It is a book full of intelligent and experienced knowledge and makes a delightful read. Pam and Peter Lewis's work is an inspiration. I just hope that more people follow in their footsteps to help create and re-create areas of natural beauty and conservation. Be bold, be brave, be creative. Enthusiasm, passion and this book is all you need.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wildflower Meadows - Natures Barometer., 11 Sep 2003
Mr. R. S. Logan "Crusher" (Carrickfergus, Antrim United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Making a Wildflower Meadow (Hardcover)
This is a good honest book! Where it is possibly short on technical content it nevertheless makes up for it in Pam Lewis's obvious enthusiasm for wildflower meadows, given her own management requirements. It is refreshing to view meadows, both active and potential ones, as seen through a 'new' pair of eyes. Often in the field of countryside management we get bogged down (pardon the pun) within our own sphere. As with so many of these books I find myself 'cherry picking' the information which suits me best with regards to end use location etc.
In short an good book which should be read by both the countryside practitioner and lay person if for no other reason than to see an aspect of the countryside which we have carelessly almost lost if it was not for such enthusiasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and clear, 15 Dec 2009
Mr. J. W. Herd "Wellies101" (Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Making a Wildflower Meadow (Hardcover)
As a conservation professional I bought this book lolling to create wildflower rich meadows over 22ha and hoped this would give me some insight into what I could be taking on. It has done that and more! This book contains detail where needed and demonstrates potential problems that may be faced too. It also talk about a variety of meadows that can be created depending on local conditions. Suitable for the professional or smallholder alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the info you require, 22 April 2012
This review is from: Making a Wildflower Meadow (Hardcover)
I bought this book a few months ago. We are moving to a new home with lots more land, and we would very much like to create a wildflower area. This book has all the information we need to get this project underway. I would reccommend it to anyone who is thinking of 'doing their bit' to conserve our native flowers and insects, no matter how large or small an area you have available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Giving back, 8 Oct 2011
T. Carrere "Book/film devotée" (Buenos Aires) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Making a Wildflower Meadow (Hardcover)
This lovely book is about giving back. Whatever work it will take me to create new meadows with natural plants indigenous to this area, it will be worth the effort and will be my small contribution to the world around me. It deserves nothing less. Join me, this book makes it so simple and gives back threefold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Making a Wildflower Meadow (Hardcover)
I wanted advice about starting a wild garden & this is just the book for me. It has given me details of the best plants to buy etc & when & where to plant them.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent purchase, 8 July 2013
This review is from: Making a Wildflower Meadow (Hardcover)
This is the most excellent book for anyone interested in preserving or creating an English meadow. Hopefully it has helped me avoid all the pitfalls I most certainly would have fallen into had I not had this book. My meadow ground is now waiting to be sown and I am looking forward to the results. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential guide, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: Making a Wildflower Meadow (Hardcover)
For those seeking to develop and establish a wildflower meadow, whether amateur or professional and regardless of area, this is an exceedingly useful aid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable read and reference book, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Making a Wildflower Meadow (Hardcover)
This book is both a good read and useful reference book. I am working to create a wildflower meadow and refer to it regularly. By discussing her various projects and their unique challenges in separate chapters, the author focuses on different problem areas / successes and how she dealt with them. I find that I regularly pick up this book to see how she dealt with x or y scenario. Well worth every penny. On another level, it is not too technical and is a pleasure to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Making a Wildflower Meadow (Hardcover)
Really nice book, was a present for a friend, we're looking into creating a wildflower meadow and this book is really useful for us!

Making a Wildflower Meadow
Making a Wildflower Meadow by Pam Lewis (Hardcover - 1 May 2003)
Used & New from: £25.21