5.0 out of 5 stars Beuaty, science, mythology all in one, 27 Nov 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Zoo in the Sky: A Book of Animal Constellations (Paperback)
My kids love this book and so do I. The illustrations are gorgeous and the book manages to communicate that sense of beauty and wonder that should come across when we talk about science and our universe. My 3-year-old can now recognise the constellations on a star map and can also name some of the major stars - at 6, my other child (who usually hates to draw) spontaneously comes up with star maps of his own, beautiful and also accurately labelled with all the hard words. A favourite in our family!

5.0 out of 5 stars Out of this world, 22 Feb 2007
What a beautiful book! The illustrations are some of the most bright and vivid that I have seen. The text is so very readable too and not so long that children would find it too much to take in. It describes some of the main constellations and well-known stars within them. It also describes which stars to look for by their colours and brightness, with useful hints on how to find them in relationship to the pole star and milky way. Boys in particular love finding out facts such as these and with this book you can encourage them to start really young. So keep them off the playstation and take them out to look at the stars for a bit of awe and wonder. I cant wait until the next clear night so that I can have a go at spotting these myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 3 Mar 2006
I saw this book at my school and as we were learning about stars this book was really helpful.On the cover it seems as if it is a fiction book but as you look inside it has a lot of facts.My favourite constellation is the Bear and the Dragon.It is very factual aswell as the animals being well described and the pictures so beautifully presented.I personally like the pictures as they are wonderful and I think that they have used there imagination to create the pictures.I would highly reccomend this to children who love books and like to learn more everyday.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book for inquisitive minds, 22 Jan 2008
My four year old is fascinated with the night sky and this gorgeous book is one of his absolute favourites. The text is informative but also engaging, the illustrations rich and vibrant. It really is a perfect book for a child if you want them to learn about the subject, develop an interest in it or just have a lovely bedtime read. My favourite things about the book are how often we go back to read it and how often it sparks off questions about the night sky or, in the winter, trips outside to spot a certain constellation or star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Original, intelligent and informative., 17 May 2000
By A Customer
This is just how a children's book should be: original and imaginative. Beautifully illustrated and with a simple but informative text, this book will be of interest to children of all ages. It is probably best suited to the 5-8 year age group, however my 3 year old loves it. It is written in such a way that it will encourage children to become interested in astronomy. You might have gathered that I'm captivated by it too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful looking book, 5 April 2013
Saw it at my friends house where she had borrowed it from the library for her 8 year old daughter. The illustrations are visually stunning and my 5 year old niece is interested in the night sky and loves animals so this is a great looking combination. A really great gift for kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Success, 31 Dec 2010
This book was a great success as a Christmas present for my 10 year old grandaughter. She was fascinated by it and spent ages reading it, despite all the other presents waiting to be opened!It helped that she had recently had a night time visit to an oservatory and looked at the sky through a telescope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Homework Help, 22 Nov 2013
Mrs. J. Young (Lancashire, England, UK) - See all my reviews
Another book I bought to help with homework both now and in the future, a really nice book - nice presentation, good content.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... a xmas present so don't know but it looked good to me, 20 Nov 2014
It is a xmas present so don't know but it looked good to me

Zoo in the Sky: A Book of Animal Constellations
Zoo in the Sky: A Book of Animal Constellations by Jacqueline Mitton (Paperback - 4 Nov 1999)