5.0 out of 5 stars Harmony guide - a knitters reference.
Published on 5 Oct. 2006 by minnie

1.0 out of 5 stars Problem with pattern
Published 15 months ago by Robert J. Tomlinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Harmony guide - a knitters reference., 5 Oct. 2006
This review is from: The Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches: v. 1 (Paperback)
The Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches (version 1) contains all the basic hand knitting instruction with very clear (big and bold) diagrams, from casting on to finishing the garment, including purchasing the right yarn, following a pattern, combining colours, abbreviations used, and then provides a wealth of inspiration and instruction in the hundreds of stitch patterns provided, which range from the basic to the incredibly complex and unusual. In short, everything for the beginner knitter to the wonderful selection of pattern ideas for the serious knitter/designer.

A valuable work of reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice for an intermediate knitter, 30 April 2011
This review is from: The Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches: v. 1 (Paperback)
I am really happy with this purchase because the book shows in detail how to knit more complicated stitches and enables me to be creative with my knitting. The diagrams and instructions are very clear. The book arrived promptly from the USA and seems to be in high demand as I could not find many copies in the UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 18 Dec. 2011
This review is from: The Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches: v. 1 (Paperback)
I purchased this book many years ago along with Volume 2 when it was published. Unfortunately I was silly enough to lend them to someone who never returned them to me. When I saw them for sale I couldn't believe it and immediately bought them again.

The instructions are wonderfully simple, the abbreviations are the Enlish version (most knitting books are American whose abbreviations I find a bit too complicated and long winded). I like to design my own knitwear and the pictures are very clear and make it easy to envisage the finished item, we all need a bit of inspiration at times don't we? It's a book that is brilliant for a beginner or advanced knitter,

The book is unfortunately out of print now but if you ever see a copy sold I would have no hesitation in recommending you purchase it (even 2nd hand as this was). It's been like welcoming an old friend back into my life.

1.0 out of 5 stars Problem with pattern, 2 Nov. 2013
Robert J. Tomlinson (New South Wales, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches: v. 1 (Paperback)
I am an experienced advanced knitter, been knitting for 50 years, and I can usually knit anything. However after 15 attempts at the "Feather Lace" pattern I just couldn't make it look like photo. Then we came home and my husband looked uo "Feather Lace Pattern" and found the instructions are correct but the photo is NOT feather lace. I looked at the photo on the net and swore, realizing I'd been knitting it correctly all along and the photo was wrong. I am using my husbands account to publish this.

5.0 out of 5 stars its great., 13 July 2014
This review is from: The Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches: v. 1 (Paperback)
bought it for a friend, its great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference / inspiration, 13 April 2014
This review is from: The Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches: v. 1 (Paperback)
Found it as a lost treasure - loaned and didn't get back. Very clear instructions, not charts. Gives how many stitches + rows to fit into knitting for those creative moments. Useful if you get bored with standard pattern or just want to improvise.
I am a bit of a novice as self taught and the beginning of the book was useful if very basic on how to get started in knitting. Am past the very basics but still good for instructions/terms not come across before. Quite a mixture for different abilities - some I will try when skills developed more :) Would recommend as present for a knitter or someone thinking of starting. Am seeking the second book of series when can get at right price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good service, 13 April 2014
This review is from: The Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches: v. 1 (Paperback)
Took a while to get here but as described and just what I wanted. Now have all three so can knit happily!

5.0 out of 5 stars inspirational, 6 April 2014
This review is from: The Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches: v. 1 (Paperback)
knit a tension square,decide on number of stitches for your shape and design,adjust to stitch requirement and off you go.If it still turns out too big.(mine did) find a big friend)Now to start again and count more carefully

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a present, 24 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches: v. 1 (Paperback)
There are over 300 knitting ideas, colour pictures & instructions for every style, my mum was happy with the book

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, 3 April 2013
This review is from: The Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches: v. 1 (Paperback)
I chose this because the book uploads and everything around it is safe and fast and good handling. I would sincerely recommend this to my friends.

The Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches: v. 1
The Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches: v. 1 by Lyric Books Ltd (Paperback - 1 Oct. 1987)
Used & New from: £6.61