4.0 out of 5 stars Very good
Published 16 months ago by A reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little book.
Published 20 months ago by Benami

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 12 April 2013
This review is from: The Monopoly Book (Strategy and Tactics of the World's Most Popular Game) (Hardcover)
It is difficult to rate this UK 1978 translation of the classic 1974 five stars today when there are so many Monopoly books out there that cover the material presented here in more detail, but it was still enjoyable to read Brady's classic. The format of the UK edition of the book is quite small, but it is still readable. I'm not sure translation was such a good idea when we compare it to the 1984 book that is basically the same book with a more British angle. The connection with Atlantic City is certainly lost in this version, which is a bit sad as the first part of the book deals with the history of the game, but it is neverthless understandable in the context of presenting the parts of the book dealing with game explanation and strategies in a way that makes it easily understandable for the UK market. At this stage there have been written books going more into the detail of the history of the game, and there are books with deeper analysis of the strategy part, but still it is an enjoyable book to read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little book., 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Monopoly Book (Hardcover)
I mean it didn't astound me. I have a Monopoly video game and I was looking for ways to up my game as high as it can go - with Monopoly being largely about luck - for a review on the game I was writing myself. I did have the game to bind me to the official rules, but if you are playing by board, this little book should point you in all the right directions. And in terms of tweaking my skill it did just that.

4.0 out of 5 stars As it says on the cover., 5 Dec 2013
Good history of game and origines.A comprehensive section on tactics, set up and the rules and stratergies. Worth getting if you loose to increase your chances.

The Monopoly Book (Strategy and Tactics of the World's Most Popular Game)
Used & New from: 0.01