5.0 out of 5 stars Very clear introduction to AFL for maths teachers, 10 May 2011
This review is from: MATHS INSIDE THE BLACK BOX (Paperback)
This short pamphlet (and it is short!) provides an excellent clear introduction to the ideas of AFL for maths teachers. I bought this along with Assessment for Learning: Putting it into Practice. While it doesn't really contain much that the other book doesn't, it is a lot more concise and to the point, and so in many ways is more useful.

It is a very clear introduction to AFL for those who are unfamiliar with it, and I have found myself referring back to it for a quick reminder of the main ideas, to help me reflect on my teaching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 27 Feb. 2013
This review is from: MATHS INSIDE THE BLACK BOX (Paperback)
I got this for some research on my own teaching and to use for my Studies... I find it easy to read and full of ideas

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Oct. 2012
G. R. Jones - See all my reviews
This review is from: MATHS INSIDE THE BLACK BOX (Paperback)
This is a really excellent introduction to AfL. It emphasises that AfL should really be part of your maths teaching and not just a bolt on activity. It also acknowledges just how hard it is to put it into practice and how difficult it is for existing practitioners to change their modes of teaching.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy pocket reference, 15 Dec. 2012
This review is from: MATHS INSIDE THE BLACK BOX (Paperback)
As always useful information on assessment for learning in the classroom. A useful tool for new and trainee teachers of maths.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class!, 3 Nov. 2014
Tahir Usman - See all my reviews
This review is from: MATHS INSIDE THE BLACK BOX (Paperback)
I got this for my sister for her PGCE Teaching course in Maths. Therefore can’t really comment on the content (not that I would understand any of it anyway) but she passed her exams so it must have been useful. Was delivered on time and was well packaged.

MATHS INSIDE THE BLACK BOX
MATHS INSIDE THE BLACK BOX by Dylan William (Paperback - 1 Jan. 1990)