on 8 February 2010
I discovered this book around the age of sixteen. I`m now approaching fifty.To my mind its one of the the most interesting and intriguing books on sexology ever written to date.Most of us like sex, I`d say few of us are aware of the damaging effects of over indulgence and abuse of sex.I would guess there are probably millions of men all over the planet who are now impotent who, with a little knowledge contained in this book, would have avoided impotence altogether and would still be enjoying a robust and healthy sex life.Jolan Chang takes the ancient Taoist sexual practices and shows you how to have amazing sex without the physical sexual decline that comes with later life.The biggest challenge to any practitioner is not the techniques contained within the book but changing our mindset that our modern culture seems to reinforce.
Another amazing book which to my mind backs up and supports the Taoist approach to love and sex is The Alchemy of Love and Lust by Teresa Crenshaw.Although not a Taoist book it reveals the latest discoveries regarding our endocrine system and adds much weight to Taoist wisdom.
I have been practicing the techniques and philosophy contained within this book for many decades.I`m aware some men will never accept it.Give it a read.It may change your perspective for life.
on 17 March 2003
this book is very informative with lots of useful advice about sex and intimacy without being too graphic.
considering the date of the source of information, the book is quite palatable if a little heavy going in places.
the tao of love and sex is leagues ahead of modern sex help books and real results can be had, with a little application.
on 29 April 2012
I only wish I have read this 15 years ago. Now I am 33 and feel there is an imminent need of radical change in my approach to (not only) sexual relating to my body and women. This book came into my hands at the right time and will be my guide in upcoming years of, hopefully, bountiful love experiences. I would introduce Tao of Sex and Love as a mandatory subject at school from say 15 years of age for all kids and this book would be a fundamental piece of required reading. My message for, first and foremost, fellow men out there - do not hesitate, get hold of this, READ IT, HEED IT and PUT IT TO PRACTICE !
on 17 April 2014
This is the 1995 reprint of the 1979 version (which probably informed my views on this subject before I knew I had any).

An elegant prose that reminds the reader of our human essence, why our impulses are so healthy, to be respected and developed in unity, so are to arrive at longevity (of life, and partnership).

For some this will be an eye-opener, and it is precisely that readership who would do themselves a great service by reading it.

Do you find yourself in agony upon hearing how institutions forcibly 'teach' the impressionable youth about sex in desensitising warpedness? Well this book the the antidote, buy as many as you can get your hands on and pass it out to those who you care for (where appropriate of course ha).

While humanity wants to retain its (sometime deluded) identity of being compassionate, conscious, emotional, creative and loving, this book ought to be rolling off the presses 24/7 in every major city.
on 30 October 2011
An Essential must read for anyone of any age.The clarity and simplicity of this book made me wonder why I'd waited so long to read it. I should have read this book decades ago.
on 29 January 2013
If you are looking for an introduction in to this subject, this book is a good start and easy to read. the writer covers a little of the practicalities and talks about male ejaculation in a way that was helpful and why it can be considered healthy for men to reduce ejaculation. if you seek the goal it is easy to forget to enjoy the moment.
I wanted to change some stuff about my sexuality and, while i am familiar about this subject, it was more intellectual and i wanted some thing practical, but it is a good start.
however, this book was helpful in many ways, as he discusses some feminist ideas and so called taboos.
on 9 September 2014
Not what I was looking for. Probably my error more than the books but still felt no value in what I was after. Have seen better.
on 20 September 2014
Great read. Perfect first step into Tao.
on 25 May 2015