5.0 out of 5 stars A rare find of a book.
The lower number of stars given by other reviewers appears to be by way of comment on self-help books in general rather than this particular one. I think that is a great shame because it gives a misleading impression of the quality of this book.
The topic is covered thoroughly, addressing all the issues that I had encountered with the problem and alerting me to...
Published on 9 Sep 2005

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best self help book, but that's not saying much
I bought this book on a recommendation from a councellor. She said that dispite the title it was useful for men as well as women.
Having read it, I have to say that of all the Self Help/assertiveness books I've seen it's probably the best. However that's not saying much. Like many such books it's very focused on the idea that all that's needed for you to become...
Published on 12 April 2003 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing, 13 Aug 2010
This review is from: A Woman in Your Own Right: Assertiveness and You (Paperback)
This book explains how to stand up for yourself and why it is important to do so. I only wish I had read this book years ago. It teaches you important life skills that you can go on to explain to your children. I have used a few of the techniques described with great success and what's more it has given me to confidence to know that I have the tools now, to handle many difficult situations. I strongly recommend this book, I really would describe it as life changing.

5.0 out of 5 stars As a psychotherapist I often recommend this book to my clients, 22 Sep 2014
A classic, intriguing and clearly explained. As a psychotherapist I often recommend this book to my clients.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 10 Nov 2014
i ordered this book twice and both times got a different copy from the one advertised :-( x

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 13 Dec 2014
Fantastic book,puts it simply,straightforwards and is a great read.highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars A woman in your own right, 7 April 2009
This is a great book that I would recommend to any woman having doubts about herself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as described, 13 Nov 2014
Item came as described, very happy with it! Quick delivery also.

5.0 out of 5 stars A well written, common sense approach., 5 Jun 2013
This was written in 1982 and is still totally relevant for the 21st century. It has hepled me to realise that I'm ok and shouldn't be walked over but at the same time it's given me the tools to be heard without causing upset to another person. My opinion and voice is valid........that's what I've got from this book which was recommended to me. I'll be recommending it too, like now!

5.0 out of 5 stars life changing, 26 Oct 2014
An effortless read that will change your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Sep 2014
fab will buy again

5.0 out of 5 stars A women in your own right, 29 July 2012
This book is old but still very relevant in today's world. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book that I couldn't wait to share it with my friend. It's fascinating to see how many people act in a certain way (characteristics). It's an easy read as it breaks events into manageable scenarios. Life doesn't have a rule book, but this book helps you to understand how your personality/characteristics may affect your relationships with others and yourself...why you might react or hide behind your feelings. I wouldn't get this book if you are expecting it to give you answers, it merely shows you examples of characteristics and how they would react...read it and see which character you are most like :-)

A Woman in Your Own Right: Assertiveness and You
A Woman in Your Own Right: Assertiveness and You by Anne Dickson (Paperback - 1 Sep 1982)
Used & New from: £0.01