5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference book
Published on 18 Dec 2011 by Seacat

3.0 out of 5 stars Good service, item not fitting description
I can't fault the delivery - very quick turn around time, so great service. However, I had been expecting a hardback edition of the textbook, so was a little disappointed by the slightly dented, paperback version that turned up.
Published on 17 Nov 2011 by Carlos

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference book, 18 Dec 2011
This review is from: Clinical Ophthalmology: A Systematic Approach: Expert Consult: Online and Print, 7e (Expert Consult Title: Online + Print) (Hardcover)
As a practising optometrist i needed to update my ophthalmic reference book (i was using one from uni)I find this very easy to use with easy to follow catagories, lots of good colour pictures and well drawn diagrams. It covers all the areas of pathology I should meet in practise and some idea of how my patient could be treated if I refer.I also like having it online this means I can access the information even if I havent got the book to hand, it is also useful for a quick search rather than having to read through a full catagory. It will be well used and should help me stay up to date.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 25 Feb 2014
The service was perfect and went according to plan. Book is very good and covers all main areas of ophthalmology. The hard cover makes it pretty heavy, so it's hard to carry it around. Apart from that, I think it will be very useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential for optometry students & optometrists, 16 Dec 2013
Great book with just about every eye pathology in it. However, a couple of times already i've found it difficult to find what i'm looking for - a bigger index would be nice. Massive book but it has to be. Hard cover hopefully will help it stay in good condition!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Essential Textbook for Optometrists Worldwide, 24 May 2013
Brawnybalboa (Pembrokeshire, Wales) - See all my reviews
This textbook comprehensively reviews ocular pathology and is aimed at Ophthalmologists and Optometrists alike. The book features a great collection of high resolution coloured photographs of pathology, and is structured in a very logical manner. As a 3rd year Optometry Student at Cardiff University, this textbook was heavily recommended to us by the Optometrists and Ophthalmologists teaching ocular pathology. I would imagine this would also be true for any other Optometry (or indeed Ophthalmology) student in UK. I have used this book on numerous occasions, and every Optometrist I know has a copy in their possession.

In short, a very worthwhile investment for anyone in the Optometric/Ophthalmology career.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good service, item not fitting description, 17 Nov 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars The Student/Practicing Optometrists or Opthalmologists ''Bible'', 15 Aug 2011
This is a VERY detailed book, in some aspects a bit too much information (for a student looking for basics in eye disease), however combined with the colour photographs of the ocular diseased it is an essential book for those studying optometry to help with they ocular disease modules as well as for those moving into their pre-registration year. It is one of those books you can always refer back to if unsure of something or just want to recap on knowledge you already know.

The great thing is the book covers the conditions in a set way, i.e its spilts up chapters in terms of ocular physiology, i.e one chapter will cover all there is to know about Lids + Lashes while another will focus on conditions of the Retina... By splitting it up in this way it makes it alot easier to follow and a perfect reference guide.

The book itself like mentioned is all in colour and comes with actual images of the disease, so unlike some books where it may just describe what you would see in an ocular disease this shows you. It even goes further by showing you its development. i.e classic example is Diabetes, It shows you the stages/progression of the disease and different features you should be looking out for when conducting an eye examination.

It is one to recommend to all those in the opthalmology/optometric field, an investment in a book you will use throughout you career....

5.0 out of 5 stars Invoice error, 5 May 2014
Item as described, and charged as was quoted( when I checked my account few days later), however, the paper invoice I received with the book was printed as £175 +. That gave me a shock and raised my blood pressure. I got an impression that it was fraud.
I contacted the sell and was reassured the correct amount was taken off my account and there was an error on the invoice.