Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 December 2012
as a student nurse working on a medical ward this book was a very good reference for information relevant to the types of events that occurred whilst I was on there.
on 23 March 2013
This book is exactly what I needed. Starting out as a newly qualified nurse on a medical assessment unit was extremely daunting but having this book handy enabled me to refer to it at any times I was unsure. Would definitely recommend to any one working in acute medicine! Also a handy size to have in your bag so its to hand whenever you need it.
on 1 October 2011
Really good book for begginners and the advanced practitioner, covers all aspects of critical care from minor to major trauma to heamodynamic monitoring and advanced life support, a highly reccomended survival guide for anyone working in the critical care environment.
on 25 May 2016
Absolutely fantastic book. I will be referring to this throughout the rest of my third year studies on placement and for theory.
I bought this book for when I qualify. I will be working on an AMU. This book covers the immediate nursing management in the first 24 hours and onwards of a range of acute medical situations.
I particularly love how it helps you answer general and typical questions patients and family may have about conditions.
The format of the book is excellent at the start of each chapter it will guide you on the immediate critical observations every nurse should undertake for that particular presentation.
Fantastic book worth every penny!
on 15 October 2014
Perfect for what I was looking for. Gives plenty of up-to-date information on common medical conditions and their interventions and management. Would strongly recommend to any student nurse prior to undertaking their medical placement!
on 7 March 2013
Clear, precise and easy to understand. The book has been very helpful to dip into time and time again. It's helping to increase my knowledge and confidence as a nurse returning to the emergency department.
on 31 August 2013
Good reference book. I bought it to increase my knowledge base in acute medicine. Good to look over again and again to increase confidence in practice.
on 7 February 2015
Though this book could be seen as a original print when you physically receive it is a duplicate book similar to a photocopy. Hence I do not like it.
on 11 March 2013
this book is ideal for students and newly qualified, its in clear understandable writing,
would recommend this book. will be usefull throughout.
on 27 March 2014
This book was my bible on my recent a&e placement, easy to read and contains all the info you would need for many of the conditions you see in a&e