on 10 February 2012
This is a great book for those studying A&P. It is a 'next step up' from A level going into much more detail of body systems etc. Having said that, it's not as in depth as other works like 'Tortora and Derrickson', but if you're training as a student paramedic or nurse it covers a lot of what you need to know. It is, perhaps more accessable than other A&P books and will get you up to speed ready to delve into more indepth A&P works.

BEWARE! I wanted this A&P book for my kindle so I could carry it around with me on placement and dip into it during those times when you can fit in a bit of study. When I originally went to the amazon store to look for this book the page showing the kindle version of Ross and Wilson included the following information...

*Please note that this version is the eBook only and does not include the
printed textbook. Alternatively, you can buy the Text and Evolve eBooks
Package (which gives you the printed book plus the eBook).

Maybe its me, but this text makes it sound like you can pay the extra and get a printed copy of the book plus a kindle compatible version ebook. IT DOES NOT.You get the printed copy and the downloadable ebook but the ebook is NOT compatible with kindle. If you want the kindle compatible version read the ad carefully and make sure you are getting what you want. Don't make the mistake of paying more to get the printed copy as well only to find the ebook is a different version from the kindle one. (Rant over)

That said, Ross & wilson is a great book - buy it and enjoy!
on 17 September 2010
I am currently a nursing student and was in need of an informative but clear anatomy book. This anatomy and physiology book is absolutely excellent. It's not to wordy but gets the point across using diagrams and shortish explanations which suits my style of learning.
Highly recommend this book to nursing or medical students.
on 5 July 2014
A wonderfully illustrated book on the basics of anatomy and physiology. The book will give you enough understanding of the basic principles and key parts of the subject matter. It does fall short in that it is extremely limited to the level of detail. This means you're wanting for more, and if you are anything like me that goes right to the end. Here's an example. Lungs = Bronchus, Bronchiole, Alveolar. I want it to go on further and describe the processes AFTER. But hey, medical books are expensive and for a good reason. Therefore I'm marking this book a generous four star because it thoroughly deserves it regarding value for money.
on 30 March 2013
Excellent for student nurses who need to learn about Anatomy, this book is set out in an easy to read and navigate format and you even have online access.
on 10 March 2016
A clear concise A&P book. The first i purchased and has helped me greatly with my access to nursing course. The information is detailed and easy to understand with plenty of diagrams along the way. I would definitely reccomend this book for anyone looking for an A&P book.
on 25 September 2014
This book saw me through a major exam and it's a great overview of the body systems without getting too much into the nitty gritty of the bigger books. It goes into good depth to give a sound grounding in all of the topics.
The end of chapter detail on illnesses is useful and interesting, as it applies the principles learned in the preceeding chapter to real-life dysfunction.
I don't really rate the web-access part though. I did try looking at it but I would say there's far more useful info on youtube from the specialist channels.
on 14 October 2014
Ross and Wilson Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness with accessible CD Rom.Its colour coded chapter wise and is clearly illustrated in great detail as well as depth and explains the various systems such as the card vascular system, skeletal system, bone tissue in easy to understand language
It also breaks it down in each chapter and explains how each system works as well as functions. There is also a glossary at the back of the book and its written by well known authors who work in the health field.
The accessible CD ROM has also the main book on CD and other extras.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone who's studying human biology,nursing,physiotherapy and other health professions at degree level as well as those who are doing any health rated access courses who need to know information on the human body or human anatomy /physiology as its a great resource guide
on 26 January 2013
Of course this is a great book for anyone studying A&P but I would specifically recommend it for nursing students, it has a section at the end of each unit which goes into greater detail about illness that can occur in specific areas e.g Digestion and Nutrition- Malnutrition and deficiencies. It goes from the normal to the abnormal which is perfect for my needs.
on 30 October 2011
I am currently studying an Access to Health studies course, and this was a suggested book from my biology tutor.
What can i say it is great, an easy format to follow and understand. Great digrams to ease your understanding, and i hope this will take me through to uni.
on 15 June 2014
Easy to follow, good layout, nice pictures. Will be invaluable as a Hygiene student, good online content too, the 12th edition does not seem to have altered all that much from the 11th but unfortunately as you need a pin to access the internet content it makes it difficult to use second hand copies.