5.0 out of 5 stars Student Nurse Handbook
This book is a superb guide for getting started as a pre registration student, it is packed with a host of useful information and is indespensible is guiding students through those tough few months.
Published on 8 Sep 2008 by D. Allen

2.0 out of 5 stars Geared more for the first years or 'potential' nursing students
A pragmatic book written for Student Nurses by someone who has `been there and got the t-shirt'. By covering nursing history, current roles and bandings it already is at risk of dating. Chapters are varied; academia, confidentiality and NMC guidelines to name a few, however the lack of detail questions whether this is a `handbook'. The chapter on placements has incredibly...
Published on 6 Oct 2008 by Kate Philp

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Student Nurse Handbook, 8 Sep 2008
D. Allen (Merseyside) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Student Nurse Handbook second edition (Paperback)
The book gives a superb account of how to tackle assignments, how to avoid acts og plaigerism has reviews on medications, reflective practice, portfolios and much more.
The book apparently was written from views of students and what they thought they would like in a book, and this book was put together from all the information gathered, it is very clearly written and easy to understand, and above all will give a superb starter for getting you through not only your first year but will guide you through most of your program.
I have to say that this book has been an absolute gem of a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, highly recommended., 13 Aug 2009
S. BARRATT "Currer Bell" (YORKSHIRE, ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Student Nurse Handbook second edition (Paperback)
Im about to start my nursing course at university this September (2009) and I had this book given to me as a Christmas present last year, well I did ask for the book, and it has been invaluble. I will be telling all my future students on the course to buy this handbook as it has been a real help in preparing myself for the course ahead. Its full of information that one may not want to ask at the time for fear of looking a fool. I definitely am pleased to have this in my collection and shall be buying Bethann's Newly Qualified Nurse Handbook in three years time.

The book is a nice size, and well laid out, I like the amusing pictures in it too. Bethann writes as if she is talking to you and thats what makes it different to a rather cold, clinical textbook...plenty of time to read those in the future!

For newbies and those who havent yet started the course, I suggest you buy this book. (The 2nd edition).

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're considering nursing - BUY THIS NOW!!!, 15 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Student Nurse Handbook second edition (Paperback)
In my first year, this was a bible as it outlined what to expect.

As a second year nurse I refer to it less but only because I need to look for more indepth research. However all that Siviter writes about is correct and what can and will happen in teachings/uni and placements.

This book is a MUST for any new/budding student nurse.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Student Nurse Handbook second edition, 7 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Student Nurse Handbook second edition (Paperback)
Fantastic book for anyone starting a career in nursing.I read it from cover to cover. I keep dipping into it for advice and information. Like having a best friend for guidance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy before you start, 22 Dec 2009
L. Duncan "Leah" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Student Nurse Handbook second edition (Paperback)
This book is perfect for students thinking about nursing or just starting out on the course. It reads like a really kind friend or mentor holding your hand when you get nervous and letting you know it's ok to know nothing! I bought this towards the end of my first term but I would have loved this before I started. So many students on your course will know more than you and it'll all feel so scary and confusing but this book is like a little oasis of calm. I read it from cover to cover very easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Student Nurse Handbook second edition (Paperback)
This book was money well spent as I was not sure what to expect in nursing and it was an hones account on what to expect. Very useful tips to know for everyday nursing and general knowledge. Again, one of those books that is written in simple straight forward language.

5.0 out of 5 stars "This is a good book", 19 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Student Nurse Handbook second edition (Paperback)
If you are a nursing student I really recommend this book, because it informs you about the basis of the nursing profession and it will help you through your training. It is written in an easy to read format which allows you to understand some complicated subject matters and it's a useful source for finding references. I would also recommend Siviter's Newly Qualified Nurse's Handbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny & functional - a gem for Student Nurses' with a good sense of humor., 31 May 2011
Ms. C. Bowyer (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Student Nurse Handbook second edition (Paperback)
I got this book when I first started on my Adult Nursing course in March 2010 and I still pick it up and read a chapter or two every few weeks. It's a great book to grab if you want tips and tricks about how to "survive" the different scenarios, assignments and tasks you come across when studying to be a Nurse. It is easy to read, funny and functional. A gem for Student Nurses' with a good sense of humor.

5.0 out of 5 stars student nurses to be...., 22 April 2011
Mrs. M. C. Berrill (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Student Nurse Handbook second edition (Paperback)
This is a must for anyone about to become a student nurse or who has just started. It has really useful hints and I can see it becoming my best friend while I'm studying...

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 7 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Student Nurse Handbook second edition (Paperback)
This book is great!!! i take it everywhere i go, it helps with drug calculation, referencing and it even has what the NMC does, it is a great book its got so much information in it you can never be unorganised with this book!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Student Nurse Handbook second edition
The Student Nurse Handbook second edition by Bethann Siviter BSc(Hons) RN DN Cert Dip HE (Paperback - 25 Jun 2008)
Used & New from: £2.40