5.0 out of 5 stars The midwives Bible!
Published on 14 Mar 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic dictionary.
Good little book to keep in your pocket but missing a lot of words, was pointless as some of the words I wanted to know as I went along in my training were missing. Good extras though such as weight conversion etc etc at the back. Non expensive book and good for starting off though.
Published 7 months ago by Rach

5.0 out of 5 stars The midwives Bible!, 14 Mar 2001
By A Customer
This dictionary is a must have for every midwife! Whether you are a student or a fully qualified midwife, this dictionary is SUPERB! It contains up to date definitions and explanations of all things related to midwifery, and there is even a section at the back of the dictionary containing a whole heap of useful information that is used in everyday practice. This section includes the Bishops score, the normal pregnant blood values, the obstetric instruments used for any midwifery related procedure, graphs for bilirubin levels and much much more! Honestly, the list of things that they have included in this book is endless! They have even made it a reasonable size so that it is small enough to fit in the bag along with all the other gadgets that we have to carry around (any fellow midwives out there will know what I mean!!) This book is a must have-well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, pocket sized reference, 20 May 2008
L. A. Burgess (West Lothian United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bailliere's Midwives' Dictionary (Paperback)
Having never seen any other edition of the Midwives Dictionary, I have nothing to compare this to. This has all the terms that you are ever likely to come across in a midwifery situation and some definitions come with diagrams, which help to back up the definition.

There are also appendices at the back with various charts and diagrams.

This is a great reference guide that fits nicely in your pocket and good when you need to know something in a hurry.

5.0 out of 5 stars very useful, 8 Mar 2004
I will be a student midwife as of june 2004 and have already bought this book. It is easy to use and understand and is a must for all midwives.

5.0 out of 5 stars It may be small but it's very handy, 3 Jan 2012
This review is from: Bailliere's Midwives' Dictionary (Paperback)
I bought this for myself before starting my midwifery training and I have to say it has been very useful so far. It is small enough to fit in the pocket of my tunic when I'm on placement so I always carry it with me incase I come across anything I haven't heard of before so I can look up what it is, or if I'm not sure on the spelling of a word to write in a patients notes. I would recommend buying this for someone who is already in training or who is about to start training, they will thank you for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars pleased, 9 Oct 2010
This review is from: Bailliere's Midwives' Dictionary (Paperback)
I bought this dictionary for my daughter who has just begun a midwifery course. She has found it invaluable, clear and concise with good illustrations. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars midwives dictionary, 8 Oct 2010
This review is from: Bailliere's Midwives' Dictionary (Paperback)
I am currently on an acces to H.E course and will soon be applying to university. I ordered this to help with my understanding of the medical jargon and to give me a head start once in training. I think it is a great buy and it's size means you ca carry it with you at all times...very handy. Especially on placements.

4.0 out of 5 stars great little dictionary, 26 Oct 2011
This review is from: Bailliere's Midwives' Dictionary (Paperback)
ideal for midwifery students, great little dictionary covering all the terms you need. good format, and small enough to pop in a bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Sep 2011
This review is from: Bailliere's Midwives' Dictionary (Paperback)
Fabulous book, whether you are a trainee midwife or qualified, simple to use and easy to read. Would recommend to everybody

5.0 out of 5 stars midwifery, 28 Jan 2011
This review is from: Bailliere's Midwives' Dictionary (Paperback)
this dictionary is a smaller size than the other 1 I bought for my daughter, so it is suitable to be carried around in one's handbag. An informative book for midwifery study

5.0 out of 5 stars handy dictionary, 24 Nov 2009
A. Lancaster (bradford, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bailliere's Midwives' Dictionary (Paperback)
This book is fantastic and pocket sized so easy to whip out in lessons or quizzes to help you remember what that word ment again?! it also has conversion chart, immunisations,financial benefits for pregnant women, obstetrics instruments etc. Will also fit into your tunic when on placement!!

Bailliere's Midwives' Dictionary
Bailliere's Midwives' Dictionary by Denise Tiran (Paperback - 22 Feb 2008)
Used & New from: 4.52