5.0 out of 5 stars A helpful guide for the novice
I am a student social worker and my first placement was in Adult Mental Health which was a new area of social care for me. This book was really helpful to read before my placement began as it gave me an insight into adult mental health. I referred to it throughout my placement and found it to be a really useful tool.I would definitely reccommend it.
Published on 11 Dec. 2011 by Nikki

3.0 out of 5 stars working with mental illness
Its content is useful for my course easy to read although a little expensive but no real alternative for the information needed.
Published on 10 Feb. 2013 by karen mcivor

5.0 out of 5 stars A helpful guide for the novice, 11 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Working With Serious Mental Illness: A Manual for Clinical Practice (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Working with Serious Mental Illness: A Manual for Clinical P, 2 Feb. 2006
By A Customer
I have just received this book today and wish I had access to it from the outset of my training. It is such a useful resource for students and qualified staff have also praised it.
It is up to dated, evidence based and covers most areas that are relevant to mental health practice today. It is easy to read yet has the depth needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best book ever, 23 Feb. 2012
I love this book. It is so well written and as another reviewer said easy to read. It is so practical and captures what it is like to have a serious mental illness and how the practitioner can help. Read it alongside Norman and Ryrie or Fortinash but don't go past it.

3.0 out of 5 stars working with mental illness, 10 Feb. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Important book for MH Nurse Students, 19 Jan. 2012
A useful addition to the library of any nursing student studying mental health. Covers all aspects of serious mental illness and develops the readers knowledge to inform practice

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Mental Health Nursing Book, 15 Jan. 2014
T. Nyoni "Tribbers" (UK) - See all my reviews
Very good book for practitioners and students. Found it very useful even though I've been qualified for over 8 years. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mental health book for students & qualifieds, 22 Dec. 2010
Ms. J. Ashton "anime slob" (Lancs, UK) - See all my reviews
As a student nurse it is always hard to find practical books that you can also reference in essays. this book is fantastic, it is my 'go to' book. It is useful for any essay, and any situation in practice, with ideas for practice, books, websites. It is easy to read and understand and quotes other useful authors through out. Cannot rate this book highly enough. It is essential, well worth buying.

3.0 out of 5 stars helpful, 28 April 2008
Kf Dunne (England) - See all my reviews
I have found this book helpful through out my training
however it is not comprehensive enough for some uses but is a great introduction to acute mental health care

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 July 2014
Brilliant for mental health students and those in practice. Informative and practical good for information for further reading

Working With Serious Mental Illness: A Manual for Clinical Practice
Working With Serious Mental Illness: A Manual for Clinical Practice by Catherine Gamble BA(Hons) RGN RMN RNT (Paperback - 21 Nov. 2005)