5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, a must have for every student nurse.
Published on 4 Nov 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars A very basic dictionary, but value for money
Published on 13 Jan 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, a must have for every student nurse., 4 Nov 2000
By A Customer
Ballieres nurses dictionary is a fountain of knowledge. Small enough to carry round with you but still has an abundance of knowledge. It is easy to follow and is an essential aid for student nurses everywhere. This dictionary also tells you how to pronounce those hard to say medical words. It comes complete with appendices and a useful section with websites to visit to help you with your studies.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best nurse's dictionary, 25 Aug 2002
By A Customer
I used this dictionary years ago when I first started nursing and have yet to find any other that comes close. It is clearly set out with everything you would expect from a dictionary aimed at a specific group - good definitions, tables, diagrams and other information. A dictionary that I will be recommending to those students in my health studies group who go on to nurse training.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 Nov 2006
Paul Trevains - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bailliere's Nurses' Dictionary: for nurses and health care workers (Paperback)
I am a Paramedic & find this to be an invaluable reference that is small enough to be carried around. It explains things clearly & simply, so would also be useful for the layperson.

5.0 out of 5 stars A god send!, 2 Jan 2005
By A Customer
I bought this because I am doing a reflexology course and found that some words in my anatomy and physiology books just dont make sense! This is an absolute god send, it explains words in laymans terms. I dont know what I would have done without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even us scientists need help!, 11 July 2004
As a Biomedical scientist working in a medical laboratory, you will often find yourself coming across terms that are either new to you or which you know but do not fully understand. A copy of Baillierie's Nurses' Dictionary was purchased for me at Christmas and I can trully say that it has been the most useful present, which I have received. There are still some terms missing, which would come in useful but I'm sure will be added in future editions, but for the size of book has an amazing amount of content with the addition of some useful appendices. Recommended for nurses and anyone who needs to come to terms with medical terminology (including scientists).

3.0 out of 5 stars A very basic dictionary, but value for money, 13 Jan 2003
By A Customer
I purchased this book to assist me during my nurse training, and initially found it very useful. However I am now realising its limitations, and frequently have to use other sources to get information and terms not listed inn the dictionary. For someone starting out in nursing or hospital work it is a useful guide, it is also small and has a tough cover so it would survive well in bags or large pockets unlike many nursing and medical dictionaries. It is very cheap and value for money, but I feel that most experienced students and practitioners would have little to gain from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right, 18 Mar 2009
This arrived very quickly and was just as described. The dictionary is ideal for anyone interested in nursing and is also used by medical secretaries on a regular basis. It has been updated and is in an easy to follow format. Excellent info for trainee nurses

4.0 out of 5 stars Bailliere's Nurses Dictionary, 7 Dec 2005
By A Customer
As an Occupational Therapist of many years I still constantly come across terminology that leaves my head spinning! This dictionary is invaluable in helping me to understand what problems some of my clients might face thus helping me to help them. I find that my students also find it useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nurses Dictionary, 16 July 2009
A must have for Student Nurses packed full of information and explainations of words that we don't quite understand until we look them up. Also at a reasonable price for those of us that are on a Bursary.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needed for work, 14 May 2014
Just got a new job and needed a reference book it does the job. I am happy with this purchase

Bailliere's Nurses' Dictionary: for nurses and health care workers
Bailliere's Nurses' Dictionary: for nurses and health care workers by Barbara F. Weller BA MSc RGN RSCN RNT (Paperback - 12 April 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01