on 29 December 2004
My fault. I should have read the other reviews before ordering. I too didn't notice the book was for the American market. I am now almost brainwashed into thinking in metric.(with difficulty!) I would just love to have the equivalent of Lowes Building Store in the UK, you can walk out with a virtual house and load it in the truck. But in the UK we are stuck with metric and B & Q which doesn't even come close. So sorry, I'll have to return this excellent book.
on 18 October 2004
This book contains everything in the Synopsis - there are great instructions, lots of helpful photos etc. It also has a refreshing non-sexist approach, with lots of photos of lady plumbers.
It's not obvious from the way it's listed, but it's published in the USA and intended for the American market. The extent to which any of the procedures etc. are compatible with UK building regulations is undefined
on 6 February 2006
Well laid out book if you live in the USA. All measurements in imperial which have no value here now. Also most of the projects were laid out for American homes & informing unskilled people how to fix gas appliances should not be encouraged. Unfortunately I will have to return this book.
on 23 March 2016
Parcel arrived in good time...book as described and more.
Highly recommended.