5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all those thinking of potty training.
Published on 15 July 2003 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Geared to an American audience
Published on 29 Mar. 2011 by Michelle

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all those thinking of potty training., 15 July 2003
Amazon Customer (Andover, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I don't normally write reviews on books, but I felt I had to this time. We had been potty training my daughter (28 months) for nearly a week with continuous accidents and nothing in her potty. We bought this book, which she immediately loved and wanted it read over and over. We still had accidents that day, but the following day she did all her wee's into the potty with only one accident. Amazing! 2 weeks later and she is now doing both wee's and poo's into her potty 'just like Prudence'! A must for all those who are potty training.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sweet story on the understanding of potty training., 9 April 2001
By A Customer
I have a little girl aged 18 months and she adores this book not only the story but the pictures.I think this book is a great way to make the whole new experience of the potty a less frightening thing. I have been telling every one I know with a toddler to buy this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars An encouraging story for toddler and mum, 4 April 2001
By A Customer
This book lets your child see their potty, not just as something they suddenly have to use (or not!) but as a rewarding experience. My two year old loves this book as does his five year old sister who loves to read it to him!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Potty Training must buy, 8 Mar. 2004
mrs a cordell "the housekeeper" (dunstable, beds United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Our daughter would not sit on the potty without her nappy on till we read this book to her. Suddenly it was no problem and she wanted the story every time she sat on the potty. Three days later she is now doing everything on the potty and still wants this story.

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely book for introducing the concept of potty training, 30 Aug. 2009
N. Sethi "nadfoley" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my daughter (nearly 2 years old) along with a potty as i plan to begin toilet training soon. She loves it and often fetches it and sits on the potty, fully clothed, and "reads" her book. The little girl in the story receives a potty as a present from her grandmother and tries to guess what it is. My toddler especially loves all the guesses "Was it a milk bowl for the cat? No..." The story goes on to describe how the little girl tries but has some accidents in the beginning, before very proudly doing her wee wee and poo poo in the potty.
The book uses the word diaper but i simply insert the word nappy, which my daughter is more familiar with. Also some pages have a lot of words so i sometimes condense it as my toddler flips over the pages very rapidly! Would like to see this in a board book version which would be more durable and easy to keep clean. This is definately one of my daughters favorites. She never tires of listening to the story and picks it off the shelf a dozen times each day.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book worked for us, 28 July 1999
By A Customer
My daughter was given this book as a gift from her babysitter. We pulled it out when she was 28 month's old. By the end of the month she was fully potty trained. That was two years ago. The book kept her interested in sitting on her potty. It really is a cute book!

3.0 out of 5 stars Geared to an American audience, 29 Mar. 2011
I bought this book because of some good reviews, but was disappointed. It was written by an American author so I have to replace 'diaper' with 'nappy' as I'm reading, along with the mention of 'a pee-pee for making wee-wee'! Also the tense it awkward, 'here am I, Prudence's mother, changing her' for example. So mostly I end up showing my daughter the pictures and changing a large amount of the text as I go. Plus the image of a potty is so far removed from the style of potties available these days that I don't think my daughter would actually recognise it as a potty if I wasn't telling her that is what it is. All in all I think I'll read the next 'potty' book before I buy to make sure it is more suitable.

5.0 out of 5 stars ~~THIS IS A FUNNY BOOK~~, 4 Aug. 1999
By A Customer
this book is a very funny book for 2 year olds to 102 year olds, me being a 12 year old girl thought it to be hillarious and had to get it for my neice she absolutly LOVED this book and i think it is a great book that shows the real fact!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars retro? potty training aid, 15 Feb. 2010
NIce looking book, slightly retro in feel. Nice story.Didn't realise that nappies would be refered to as diapers. My daughter thinks the pictures of poo are funny. Disapointed that the potty in the book doesn't look like a potty (more like a jug?!) don't think my daughter could relate, also the book illustrates cloth nappies not disposables. Will look for a modern alternative.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!, 14 Mar. 2013
This is by far the worst book I've ever read. We've got a few books about using the potty and they have all been quite fun and my daughter has enjoyed them, but this one is quite a boring read if I'm honest.. My daughter absolutely loves books but even she won't entertain this one! Definitely would not recommend this one.

Once Upon a Potty--Girl with Cassette(s)
Once Upon a Potty--Girl with Cassette(s) by Alona Frankel (Audio Cassette - Oct. 1999)
Used & New from: £18.90