on 3 January 2016
Terrible names in this book. I don't like the terminology used for British people. It's a really silly book and has not helped my daughter in any way use the potty. It's also got paper pages so not suitable for the young.
on 7 July 2013
This is a great wee book to help your child understand how to use the 'potty'. I have only read the book to my daughter once but she seems to love it already!! Hopefully it'll help her use her potty soon!!
on 4 June 2011
great book for introducing potty training just change some words to suit as it is written by an american my wee girl loved it and she couldnt wait to try her potty
on 10 August 2014
Not very child friendly considering it is aimed at toddlers of potty training age. A two year old doesn't appreciate old-fashioned wording and illustrations!
on 11 July 2014
This book would be so much better if it wasn't so Americanised. I also really don't like the tone of it so I end up telling my own story over the words
on 12 June 2013
This book was amazing, & really helped us through a stressful potty training...
Now she just loves listening to the story of Prudence...
on 21 July 2015
Great book! My one-year old niece loves it and it helped her learn the parts of the body too.
on 8 December 2009
I found this book very difficult to read to my daughter. First the baby is called Prudence and that's not a name which rolls off the tongue! Second it was badly worded from the point of view of the mother, "...and I, Prudence's Mother, have been changing her diaper..." It would have been better if it was from Prudence's point of view. I must admit though, my little girl does like the book. She likes to join in when the book asks if the potty is for putting flowers in or for feeding the cat, she gleefully replies, "No!". Nice book, lovely illustrations, but I just don't know useful it's been.
We need more books which tell our children what to do when they've had an accident or are being deliberatly stubborn and not going on the potty/toilet. Well at least I do!
on 28 April 2008
The blurb says this is suitable for children 1 year+. There is a lot of text and the pictures aren't great so whilst it is a sweet story the child will need more advance cognitive skills than a young toddler to get anything from the book, or for the book to emphasise the potty training message it is trying to convey. My book-mad and very verbal 23 month old daughter is uninterested in it- a first for her as she devours books. I'm sure she'll enjoy it in a few months but the story is too complex for her at the moment.
on 4 June 2010
Both myself and my partner change our daughters nappy and not to find a male character in this book is, to say the least, a little backward. It makes me wonder what on earth the feminist movement was for, if this kind of 1950's attitude is being shown to the generations growing up in the 21st century? This is the thin end of the wedge. Women may be the only ones changing the nappies in Tel Aviv Mrs Frankel, but here in the UK, the men are starting to do their fair share.
That said our daughter loves the book and has now done 2 wee's in her potty. We do change the words to Mummy and Daddy and have pasted in pictures of Humphrey Bogart to illustrate the paternal role.