Format: PaperbackChange

on 12 June 2013
Having read other scholars' comments on Gray's interpretation of Berlin's thought, I was intrigued to read this book myself. I can honestly say it is a thoroughly interesting read. Those interested in Berlin and Gray's thought will find this book insightful. Even though Gray's handling of Berlin is questionable in terms of the limits he places on rationalism, he does provide the reader with a detailed account of the origins of Berlin's thought. Finally, the new introduction for this 2013 edition demonstrates the relevance of Berlin's thought, but also provides and insight into Gray's political philosophy.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 July 2014
I found the style and clarity of the philosophical views of Isaiah Berlin to be less clear than I wish, but perhaps the fault is mine.adoes anyone share this view?
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse