The Best Writing on Mathematics 2011
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£13.95+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 6 April 2012
An excellent read; many of the articles are intelligible to me (not a professional mathematician)
I enjoyed the 2010 edition as well and look forward to the 2012 edition and many more in the future.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 18 April 2012
I bought this book after reading the previous of the series named "The Best Writting on Mathematics 2010". Contrary to the 2010's book, "The Best Writting on Mathematics 2011" has a smaller variety. Most of the articles in it are about philosophy and history of mathematics and mathematical education. I am not in position to judge the quality of the aricles, maybe they are of excellent quality. But not being interested in those fields I found them a little borring. The mixture of the articles is not right.

I read "The Best Writting on Mathematics 2010" from cover to cover but only a few selected articles from "The Best Writting on Mathematics 2012". And I certainly will not pre-order "The Best Writting on Mathematics 2012"!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again