5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, magical, extraordinary
The Dancing Tiger seems to have flown under the radar somehow. This is absolutely a must-have book for any child's library. It is just divine - the story is gorgeous (and told in a melodic, flowing rhyme) and the illustrations sublime. My little girl has loved this book passionately since she was 2 years old.
Published on 20 July 2007 by F. Kennedy

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy from this seller
Money taken, goods never received and no response to email chasing goods. My first awful experience on Amazon.
Published on 4 Feb. 2009 by Chipgirl

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, magical, extraordinary, 20 July 2007
F. Kennedy - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dancing Tiger, 5 Sept. 2010
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Dancing Tiger (Paperback)
This is a very magical story, with a simple storyline. A young girl discovers a dancing tiger. As a reward for not telling anybody about him, she is allowed to dance with him once a month, when there is a full moon. The story then takes you through the seasons, showing the girl and tiger dancing in the bluebells, kicking the autumn leaves, etc. The illustrations are glorious, with the joy of movement in every page. At the very end of the book, the little girl of the story has become an old woman and now she gives the secret to her great granddaughter and watches the tiger take the little girl on her first dance. This is an ideal book for bedtime, with a sense of dreaming about it and the light of the glorious full moon shining over the pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dancing Tiger - A beautiful, wonderful book, 4 Nov. 2009
Claire (West Mids, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Dancing Tiger (Paperback)
This is a long time favourite of my both me and my son, who never tire of the wonderful story and the fantastic illustrations. The story has a poignant elegance and the poetry means it is a delight to read aloud - though I usually find the lump in the throat as we reach the ending makes it difficult for me to finish (it's not actually a sad story, I am just a sucker for it!) An absolute classic, you will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 13 Aug. 2009
T. V. Liew (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Dancing Tiger (Paperback)
Really lovely book. We borrowed it from the library for our 2 year girl and had to read it daily until it needed returning, at which point, she burst into tears and so I've just had to buy a copy on Amazon. Full of lovely lyrical imagery and a wonderful bittersweet ending which always make my daughter suck her thumb thoughtfully, heave a sigh and then demand that I read it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Review, 18 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Dancing Tiger (Paperback)
This is a wonderful book with beautiful illustrations for children ( and adults).
It aims at loads of different sounds for children to hear throughout the story. I use this in my phonics
group to make learning fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars A timeless classic, 15 July 2012
M. Robinson (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Dancing Tiger (Paperback)
This is one for grandparents to share with their grandkids, I think - but as a parent I enjoy it, too! The illustrations are a stunning match to the simple, beautiful story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dancing Tiger, 27 April 2010
This review is from: The Dancing Tiger (Paperback)
I first read this book to my daughter when she was 3 years old - she is now 9 and still loves to hear this story. It is a really lovely story and the illustrations are fab.

5.0 out of 5 stars He very kindly informed me when the reprint took place and now I'm buying it for my great niece. Get this book - it is fantastic, 6 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Dancing Tiger (Paperback)
As others have said, a truly magical book which, I think, would help a child with sadness in its life to escape with the tiger and dance in the woods. And it also has a message that time moves on and the next generation comes along. I read this to my twin grandchildren when I was about 65 and was entranced by it, so much so, that I learnt the whole thing and wrote a fan letter to Malachy Doyle when it was out of print. He very kindly informed me when the reprint took place and now I'm buying it for my great niece. Get this book - it is fantastic!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ch loved all the tiger stuff, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Dancing Tiger (Paperback)
Started a fabulous topic on poetry writing. Ch loved all the tiger stuff. Found it on u tube too

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book for adults and children, 26 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Dancing Tiger (Paperback)
Wonderful illustrations and lovely story. A gorgeous book to read to small children.

The Dancing Tiger
The Dancing Tiger by Malachy Doyle (Paperback - 5 Sept. 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01