5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - something to treasure forever
I bought this for my neice and before I wrapped it felt compelled to show it to all visitors to my house. The book far exceeded my expectations and is an amazing piece of paper engineering with the story told in mini booklets with their own mini pop-up surprises. Truly a book to treasure and pass on.
Published on 13 Oct 2004 by Suzanne M. Tucker

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm a little bit disappointed.
I'm a little bit disappointed of this book. The pop-up effect is realy impressive but illustrations themselves are very naive. L.Carroll's story is otherwise heavily truncated.
Published 19 months ago by Ewa

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - something to treasure forever, 13 Oct 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 4 Feb 2006
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: Pop-up Book (Hardcover)
I bought this as a present for my 5 year old niece. It's one of those books to read with her, rather than to leave on her own. A cut-down version of the usual story is told with a whole series of beautiful illustrations and precision-designed pop-ups: the Queen of Heart's palace really stands out as an achievement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Beyond Words. Sheer Genius., 17 Nov 2008
debbie8355 "*" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: Pop-up Book (Hardcover)
This is absolutely a must have book. The book is very large and there are six magical HUGE pop out creations which absolutely jump out of the page like magic. Think intricate origami or the best pop up you could imagine. On each of the main pages there is also a pop up book with text within the book, this time with smaller but still mind numbingly amazing pop ups some with moving parts. The paper on the white rabbits ears are felted, utensils are foil and shiny; there is such great attention to detail on a small and grand scale.

The text is thorough and true to Lewis Carroll's story so it is more a read to your child book than one you can let them play with. An adult will also need to turn the pages and supervise to avoid damaging the book. It's sturdy but bits could be ripped by a small child.

If you ever wanted to inspire a childs love of books this is the book to get.

Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars magical and completely amazing, 24 Dec 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: Pop-up Book (Hardcover)
this is the mother of all pop up books. Stunning illustrations and incredibly well thought out and crafted. A fantastic gift for any child with scenes that just seem to explode from nowhere. It's not just fantastic scenery but the full story is there too. A totally magical book that will repay countless viewings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just beautiful, 21 Jan 2009
C. Lenton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: Pop-up Book (Hardcover)
Each page opens out with a real wow factor. The story is hidden away in a small booklet within the page that has even more tiny pop up characters. These are real heirloom books,I haven't seen anything quite as beautiful before. They need to be handled with care though, so are perfect for a 4-5 year old

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, but not for the very young, 25 July 2009
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: Pop-up Book (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a first birthday present for my daughter as I thought a pop up book would be a lovely way for her to enjoy this classic story. The book is fantastic, the detail in the pop ups is amazing and incredibly intricate, I've actually never seen anything like it before. The story itself is printed in small text almost in books within the book, brilliant but far too detailed for a young child. I am sure my daughter will love this book when she is older, until then it will be kept out of reach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing, 12 May 2005
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: Pop-up Book (Hardcover)
Wow! Everyone that has seen this book is stunned. Truly a work of art, and incredibly clever. Just look at the amazed faces of babies and children (and adults!) when the pages open. Definetely requires adult supervision with younger kids as you can imagine. Guaranteed to distract children away from the TV and electronic toys. A magical book to read to young ones before bed. Worth twice the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Master of all Pop-Up Books!, 30 April 2009
Miss K (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: Pop-up Book (Hardcover)
From a paper-engineering point of you, this book is absolutely amazing! The book is so very inspiring if you are looking to create your own pop-ups because it really showcases what can be done when you start thinking creatively. I was astounded the first time I saw it - it was the first Robert Sabuda book I purchased and I've been a fan ever since! I simply can't fault this pop-up book and I think it is guaranteed to have both children and adults in awe!

Although the book only has 12 pages, you get your money's worth because there are lots of smaller pop-ups on each page. The story is presented well and the pop-ups are very well-designed. The illustrations and colours used have a very vintage-feel; they are not modern but they are in-keeping with the story. One of my pet-peeves when it comes to pop-up books has to be poorly constructed mechanisms and dysfunctional pop-ups - I am pleased to say there is no such problem here! This is a brilliant pop-up book and it would make a lovely gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab beautiful book... a treaure for both little ones and big ones!, 14 Mar 2012
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: Pop-up Book (Hardcover)
Bought this book as a present for my daughter. This is the most beautiful pop up book ever. The kids are absolutely transfixed by it. The pop up are so intricate and life-like. My mouth nearly fell open when I opened the book as I couldnt believe that all the moving parts (and there are many of them) could all work together without becoming torn/snagging. This book is almost a work of art!! the story is written very traditionally which is great, but no so old-fashioned that the kids don't understand it. A truly beautiful book and definitely something to pass on as a family heirloom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book but..., 27 Jun 2011
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: Pop-up Book (Hardcover)
I would reiterate the comments made by the other reviewers, this book is fantastic BUT some of the workmanship is not great - I had to buy three before I received an undamaged perfect copy.

ARRAY(0xb2dc88dc)

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: Pop-up Book
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: Pop-up Book by Lewis Carroll (Hardcover - 3 Nov 2003)
13.39