4.0 out of 5 stars Review of Rasberries on the Yangtze by Amy (11), 3 Feb. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Raspberries on the Yangtze (Paperback)
This book was non stop, I never wanted to put it down.
I don't usually read books like this, I only read Jacqueline Wilsons and stuff, so to get me to read the book Mummy said she would give me a present when I finished it, but actually now I would happily read it without any bribing!
I liked Nancy because she thought she knew everything about growing up but really she hardly knew anything. This was my first 'grown up' book. It was quite funny & also thrilling. This was a great book and I would recommend it to all girls of around 11-13.
Now I'm reading Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson, it is really good.

5.0 out of 5 stars something to get stuck into!, 5 July 2001
By A Customer
As the children in this book enjoy the adventures of their summer holiday, the reader shares in their thoughts and fears through the eyes of the charming narrator, Nancy. The children deal with fairly difficult events (even by adult standards) in a sophisticated, yet somehow innocent way. Karen Wallace has got right into the minds of children not forgetting, (as many adults do), how much children notice the things adults in their life are doing. This book tells its child audience that someone understands them and is giving them material that cuts to the heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars a brilliant, hilarious story for children and adults, 21 April 2000
By A Customer
a tough girl with the wrong ideas (sex is something grownups do for which cupboards are necessary) spends a blissful childhood summer with her brother and her friends by the banks of Quebec's mighty Gatineau river. The events of that summer change their lives. Reading about them will change yours. A great story - intimate, funny, with the universal resonances that make a real classic

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 9 Oct. 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Raspberries on the Yangtze (Paperback)
A great story, funny and moving at the same time. Nancy, the narrator, gives a great sideways slant on the relationships between adults and children in a little community by the banks of Canada's mighty Gatineau river. I loved everyone inside the book, and everything that happened to them. Karen writes like nobody else I have ever read. Now I am going to read it again

5.0 out of 5 stars An utterly astounding book, 28 Aug. 2000
By A Customer
This book was brilliant. I loved the absorbing story line and how the book came to life so easily. The cover grabbed me and I sat for hours reading the book - I finished it to soon! I really recommend this book . It is a wonderful read. I really enjoyed it and I hope she brings out more books like that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 13 Feb. 2014
My 8 yr old daughter read this book in a day , she couldn't put it down . She was completely absorbed with the story and the creatinve writing .

5.0 out of 5 stars absoulty brillant, 30 Dec. 2000
By A Customer
this book is one of the best i have ever read . if you dont buy it you will be missing out on a very good read

Raspberries on the Yangtze
Raspberries on the Yangtze by Karen Wallace (Paperback - 7 Oct. 2002)
Used & New from: £0.01