‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Eloise was a very good book, and I'd recommend it to anyone!, 21 Jun 1999
By A Customer
I am 9 years old and I stayed up till 10:00 reading Eloise. I couldn't put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Reach as high as you can and then run up the stairs, 6 Sep 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Eloise (Hardcover)
How do I explain to my English friends why my daughter's black patent party shoes are Eloise shoes. Why am I always tempted to go half way up in the lift and the run the rest of the way. I haven't read my copies of Eloise for 20 years (them being in New York, me being in England!) and yet she is part of my fabric. That's how good this book is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Adults and Children Alike, 5 April 2005
r0ng0r0ng0 "r0ng0r0ng0" (France) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Eloise (Paperback)
I am one of 4 children and my mother used to read books like this to all of us when we were small. Recently she mentioned this - I realised it was one I had missed out on and decided to pick up a copy. I'm glad I did - a story line and (especially) illustrations that had me laughing out loud. A classic childrens book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eloise is my role model for a joyous life!, 21 Mar 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Eloise (Hardcover)
Fortuitously, I was given Eloise when I was six - my unfortunate parents had no idea what they had done - so being the same age I naturally adopted her as my role model, and launched myself on an unsuspecting world. That was more than 40 years ago and I've relished her ever since. She is my favourite present for every small child and without her indispensable view of life no-one's education can surely be complete. After all, 'Kleenex makes a very good hat'!.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant fun entertaining read..., 14 Jan 2000
By A Customer
On a christmas shopping trip to NY I bought this book as a present for my 4 year old daughter. Having never read any of the Eloise books before I was absolutely enchanted by the stories, as was my little girl!
Eloise is a fun mischievous little girl (much like my daughter). It's a classic childrens story for the young and old

5.0 out of 5 stars Very amusing children's book, 26 May 2013
This review is from: Eloise (Paperback)
A very amusing book for children but will amuse adults as well. The story line is clear and uncluttered and the illustrations excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars darling Eloise, 12 July 2006
R. Yahel (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eloise (Paperback)
at 41 I still have (and I'll admit, read) all my childhood Eloise books (much treasured with my scrawl all over them and ripped paper covers..)

I had a boy but if I'd had a girl these would be essential reading...I thought of her on my first visits to NYC, Paris and Moscow.

One word of warning, being raised with Eloise cultivates an 'A' list mentality. I can't otherwise explain how I feel so at home in five star hotels ?!

the illustrations are the divine too.

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming, 7 Jun 2013
BJB (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eloise (Paperback)
I bought this for my sister to read to my ten year old niece. Can't imagine any parent or child not enjoying the engaging visual exploits of naughty, spoiled Eloise. There's no story as such - just a day in the life of an imaginative brat.

5.0 out of 5 stars If there were ten stars this book would receive it!!!!, 11 Aug 1999
By A Customer
I couldn't believe when I stepped into the store the other day and discovered "Eloise in Paris", I was thrilled and bought myself a present. "Eloise" was my most favorite book of my childhood and I am 32yr old now. This book is fun, mischevious and I wish I was more like her!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Destined to be a favorite!, 6 July 1999
By A Customer
My first grade teacher read ELOISE to the class several times. I've had a copy on my shelf ever since, and that was 17 years ago. ELOISE is a memorable book for kids of all ages!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa99c9594)

Eloise
Eloise by Kay Thompson (Hardcover - 1 Mar 2000)
9.09