5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
A very funny and lively book, loved by every child (from 1 to 10 )that I have ever read it to. It turns the traditional story on its head and has a truely happy ending. Excellent illustrations. It can be read over and over again. Everyone should read it. Great for school, where I have used it a lot (loads of work flows out of it, I did a class assembly on it) and great...
Published on 1 Nov. 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars very very good
I love this book, it's different. The wolves all stick together. The wolves meet lots of different animals and make lots of different house. It's so good I think it's for under tens. It's an interesting book. And it's more interesting at the end. I love this book.
I love this book it's interesting and lovely. I love this book and no one can change my mind. It's not...
Published on 27 Jun. 2011 by M Williamson

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars love it - a must have, 11 Aug. 2000
children find building sites facsinating enough, now they get to see where reinforced steel chains and slurry cement really come in useful. had me and me 4 year old in stiches! and a happy ending, a few deep breathes pretending to smell the flowers, and everyone gets a good nights sleep. certainly takes the spook out of wolves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love always wins, 12 Mar. 2012
We obviously have the greek edition of this. My daughters, now 3 and 6, utterrly love it. If you want your children to hear a story about how love is the answer, even when you are scared, and how one can actually make peace with a bully, instead of getting even, then this is the book to buy. The story is beautiful, the illustrations are wonderful and if the translation does it justice, then I can't think of a single reason not to recommend this. Only wish more people could read the rest of the books mr Trivizas wrote - you don't know what you are missing.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 10 July 2007
Bradley J. Yates "dude" (england) - See all my reviews
I got this book when i was three and my mom would read it to me. I am now 17 and i read the book to myself and i still laugh everytime i read it. Its an awsome book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute favourite, 3 May 2012
Once you have introduced the classics and your child is old enough to appreciate the twists in this book (which doesn't have to be very old at all) this is a truly great read. I bought this when my little boy was 3 and he loved it from the start. It is just plain silly in many ways and has loads of scope for different voices but has a simple moral to the tale. A very entertaining bed time read for adults and children.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent childrens book which stimulates the imagination, 29 Feb. 2000
By A Customer
As a year 3 teacher my class and myself loved this book. We got lots of work from it and now wish to write to the author. The children came up with some excellent ideas for a sequel which I think would make a great follow up.

5.0 out of 5 stars My grandson laughs like a drain, 15 Mar. 2013
Apologies for the Australian expression but my nearly 3 year old grandson truly laughs like a drain when we read this book. He loves the pictures - particularly of the furtive pig - and the silliness of a story which includes a range of extraneous characters, the kangaroo and rhino in particular. He loves the fact you can add sinister voices and that one of the houses gets blown up. After I read it to him he reads it to me, then to his Pa, then to anyone else prepared to listen to his garbled interpretation. He points out the characters, imitates the types of voices I use and just has fun. He is far too young to understand any of the subtext or message in the story. But he reacts exactly how you want a toddler to respond to a book. Hopefully it will encourage him to love books. And if he keeps loving this book it may also contribute to a more mature discussion in later years about right, wrong, insight, redemption and forgiveness. We love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant story!, 21 Feb. 2013
I loved this story. It made me laugh out loud. When I read it to my class after they had learned the story of 'The Three Little Pigs' they were fascinated. The looks on their faces as I read - they were totally engaged. You could have heard a pin drop.

4.0 out of 5 stars A book they'll love -- and so will you, 25 Aug. 2006
Tara Saunders (Derry, NI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig (Hardcover)
My five-year-old loves the idea of this book, that the little wolves can be scared and good while the pig is rough and bad.

It's an amusing read for both of you as the pigs go to greater and greater extremes to keep themselves safe while the wolf demolishes house after house with a chainsaw, pneumatic drill and even explosives. No time-wasting huffing and puffing here!

The thing that lost this book a star for me is the ending. The pig is sorry, the wolves invite him in for a cup of tea and all's right with the world. Maybe I just have a particularly blood-thirsty child, but for us it fell flat after the excalation of tension throughout the story.

Try it, though; I guarantee you'll both enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super book, 11 May 2013
Read it to my class and they loved it. Had some great discussions. We compared it to the three pigs, thought about our own endings etc. some good adult humour too.

3.0 out of 5 stars mixed up fairytale book, 25 Mar. 2013
Good story - slightly scary/weird but held imagination and interest of my 7 year old. Could recommend it. Ideal for mixed up fairytale theme.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig
The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig by Eugenios Trivizas (Hardcover - 14 Jan. 1994)
Used & New from: £0.01