5.0 out of 5 stars This is where Magic happens!, 3 July 2008
I was drawn to this book because it looked light and simple, and the idea of taking one minute for myself seemed to be manageable even with my crazy schedule. Well, this book delivered a lot more than what I expected! It introduced to me the possibility of having a great life when I actually stop, look, and listen to myself; By simply asking "is there a better way to take care of myself right now?" I was often amazed that there actually were lots of choices! I didn't have to repeat whatever I mechanically did in the past that did not work for me (this seems obvious but I am amazed how often it happened unawaredly.) Cool stuff!

Spencer Johnson is a great story teller and he made my reading experience fun and effortless. This reminded me of two very cool books that I've come across; "Being Here: Modern Day Tales of Enlightenment", and "How To Create a Magical Relationship" by Ariel and Shya Kane. The books are a collection of simple and profound moments in life, and I have come to learn from these beautiful stories that the current moment of life is where magic happens! We can take great care of ourselves and each other by taking an honest look of what's happening in each moment of now, and not judging what we see. Life has become a journey that's expanding and rewarding in a least expected way! The Kanes' books are so inspiring and I feel very fortunate to discover them and to share them with you!

4.0 out of 5 stars This is not about business it is about life., 18 July 2012
I really enjoyed this book, it pertains to all aspects of our lives not just business. It is super easy to understand and gives a clear way to intergrate into your life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic but good, 3 Mar 2010
A. J. BURNS (England) - See all my reviews
I really like this range of books so was keen on buying this. Didn't really know what to expect and possibly expected too much' at the end of the day it can't make my day 26 hors instead of 24 can it? It is a good quick read and I have caught myself thinking the message through on occassion. Worth a read at this price & a good message but don't expect miracles.

One Minute for Yourself
One Minute for Yourself by Spencer Johnson (Paperback - Oct 1998)
Used & New from: £0.01