5.0 out of 5 stars I'm out of my funk and back into life!
Published on 31 Jan. 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny (sort of), Helpful (yeah), Corny (Definitly)
Published on 22 July 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm out of my funk and back into life!, 31 Jan. 1999
This review is from: Getting Over John Doe (Hardcover)
Thanks, thanks, and thanks again to Suzanne Yalof for this hysterically funny, and surprisingly helpful book. It is, in so many ways, the story of MY life. For weeks my friends have been telling me to "just get over him" but not until I read John Doe did I understand what I had to do. Spurred on by Yalof's advice, I realized it wasn't my fault (as she says, there are just a lot of frogs out there) and so I tore up his photos, triple pierced my ears (he had forbidden me to do it) and set out to rent a movie and have one last good cry. And guess who I met at the video store? Prince Charming! No kidding! A message to my fellow "dumpees": Read this very funny book. It will change your life!

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny (sort of), Helpful (yeah), Corny (Definitly), 22 July 1999
This review is from: Getting Over John Doe (Hardcover)
I picked up Getting Over John Doe for two reasons. First, I have been "getting over" a guy for about six months without much success. Second, I needed a laugh (badly). WRT the first item, it was helpful (although I would never go out and buy expensive shoes on his behalf). More to the point, the book made me see that I have been dwelling on this guy for way too long. A must read for all those who have been dumped. Unfortunately, if you're looking for a laugh, this book doesn't do a very good job providing it. It has its moments, but they're overshaddowed by the long lags between them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!! A how-to for getting over men with style and humor!, 5 Jan. 1999
This review is from: Getting Over John Doe (Hardcover)
I loved this book!! Suzy Yalof writes a sure-fire hit about getting over a man with sympathy and humor. It is the perfect book for a friend who won't take your advice and needs to learn the hard way or for yourself if you just can't stop dwelling on your own John Doe. Ms. Yalof gives great pointers for getting over Mr. Wrong from Don't Drink and Dial to Doing All the Things He Always Hated. Suzanne Yalof helps any woman get over "him" with laughter, style and preserved dignity. I truly enjoyed this amusing "dish."

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a speedy heartache healer with lots of humor., 24 May 1999
This review is from: Getting Over John Doe (Hardcover)
My ex-american boyfriend? Definetly a "Connecticut" in bed. Susan gives us a break, by showing single girls in the dating jungle that the problem is NOT with us. There are LOTS of frogs out there. I had my "longest flight back to Brazil" to find this hilarious book waiting for me at home. It was the first time I smiled after my trip. Thanks Suzan!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Concept, Poor Execution, Excellent Illustrations!, 4 Feb. 1999
This review is from: Getting Over John Doe (Hardcover)
My familiarity with Beth Adams' (the illustrator) work drew me to John Doe. The problem is that there is too little work from Beth Adams and too much from Suzanne Yalof. The book, while offering a few funny moments here and there, was fairly boring...but it's brevity allows you to see the light at the end of the tunnel...a better book next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book rules!!!!!!, 1 Feb. 1999
This review is from: Getting Over John Doe (Hardcover)
Getting Over John Doe is funny, uplifting and inspirational to all women who have had a similiar experience- which we all have. That one star must have been from John Doe or his current girlfriend because everyone who reads this book - and I mean everyone- loves it. We just reviewed it in my book club (all 10 of us). We were all in hysterics!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous gift for someone who's just been "dumped.", 1 Mar. 1999
This review is from: Getting Over John Doe (Hardcover)
And who hasn't been dumped at some point? This book is hilarious, with just a little sadness to it, too. But then, what could be sadder than a breakup? And it's for guys too I gave it to a friend who's girlfriend dumped him and it was the first time I've seen him smile in a week. The guy was actually laughing out loud!

5.0 out of 5 stars QUICK, FUNNY, Great gift, 27 Mar. 1999
This review is from: Getting Over John Doe (Hardcover)
You will read this book in 1/8 the time it takes to get shipped to you-- and that's with express delivery! This book speaks your language if you've ever experienced post-bliss in a relationship or just plain been dumped. The great illustrations are a bonus. Get it, read it and then give it to your best friend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Give me a break, 27 Jan. 1999
This review is from: Getting Over John Doe (Hardcover)
Suzanne Yalof's book is an insult to any thinking woman. To suggest that the way to get over a man is to go out and buy expensive shoes is degrading, unhelpful, and childish. No wonder "John Doe" (if he even existed in the first place) dumped her. Don't waste your money on this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars funny--and poignant--read, 24 April 1999
This review is from: Getting Over John Doe (Hardcover)
i picked this book up for friend who was just given the heave-ho...but ended up having to buy her another copy because i wanted to keep this great read for myself. not just funny and witty--love the bracelet anecdote and mom's golf analogy--but also surprisingly moving and powerful.

Getting Over John Doe
Getting Over John Doe by Suzanne Yalof (Hardcover - 24 Jun. 1999)
Used & New from: £0.36