5.0 out of 5 stars Eye-catching and user-friendly cookbook makes dieting easy!, 6 Feb 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Saved by Soup (Hardcover)
I won't lie... I was Saved by Soup. I buy low-fat, low-calorie cookbooks all the time, but the sad truth is that most of them end up on the same never-touched shelf in my kitchen. I just don't have that much time to cook, and it never feels worth it to me when the food always ends up tasting bland and never fills me up. However, when I noticed that some of that holiday season weight gain had long outlasted the decorations on my tree, I decided to take the low-fat, low-cal cookbook plunge one last time. I swear, this book changed my life. The recipies are so easy even I can do them, and are such that I can cook whenever I have time (and it never takes much) and then re-heat or complete the finishing touches on the soup when I'm ready to eat! The soups, unlike most "diet foods" are delicious, filling, and just plain yummy, and I always get that (new for me) feeling of "oh my gosh I actually made that beautiful tasty dish!" Oh, and the best part? I've had the book for a month now and already the pounds are slipping away. I honestly have nothing negative to say...you're just absolutely crazy if you don't buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great soup book!, 18 Jun 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Saved by Soup (Hardcover)
Many recipes in this book are based on a vegetable broth described in the beginning of the book. Very tasty and healthy. I have had many of these soups in restaurants, and wondered what the ingredients were. They are all here! The creamy carrot soup is the best. Buy this book, and make soup. You'll use it often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, 30 May 2010
This review is from: Saved by Soup (Hardcover)
I am really pleased with this book. The recipes are clearly written, with photos, and easy to follow. I have tried half a dozen and all worked out well.

It is american - so it took me some time to realise, for example, that scallions were spring onions!

All low fat, so great if you are watching your weight.

Saved by Soup
Saved by Soup by Judith Barrett (Hardcover - 29 May 1999)
14.69