Format: Hardcover|Change

on 6 August 1996
Lorna Sass knows what she's doing. This book gives the reader a good working understanding of modern pressure cookers and a lot of information about good vegetarian cooking as well. Each of the recipes that I have tried worked perfectly, the food was all very good, and about half the dishes were "best stuff I ever made" quality. A favorite of mine is a soup of tomatoes and roasted red peppers requiring only a few minutes prep time and three minutes cooking under pressure. The risotto recipes are notable: no stirring needed.
on 27 March 2015
This book has no photos. Do I care? Not a jot. I'm a Brit and this book is American so all the measurements are in cups and the like. Do I care? Not a jot. Why? Because this book is brilliant.
The recipes are fantastic. There are perhaps only one or two I will never make, and that's because I don't like okra. All the others look very good and the ones I've made so far have been a complete success. Easy and very tasty.
As for the reviewer who complains about coconut milk, every single recipe featuring coconut milk refers the reader to Sass's method for making coconut milk. Don't let this complaint put you off the book: it's a marvel.
on 16 January 2014
this may be a good book but not on the Kindle as it is not possible to read the charts for cooking times. I returned it for this reason.
on 1 April 2015
Not crazy about too many of the types of recipes, but the charts are good. I'd say this book is really better for people with older pressure cookers. I just got an electric Instantpot and was looking for recipes that worked with that... I'd send it back but it would cost more than it's worth.
on 29 January 2014
I purchased this book for my veggie daughter to go with her first pressure cooker. She absolutely loves it. It is just right to help her develop into a confident cook. She has made a couple of the recipes already and says they worked perfectly. I am very happy with my purchase.
on 23 June 2012
Great find for me who makes lots of soups and has a recently turned vegetarian daughter in a carnivore household.Range of tasty recipes that she likes but can also be a side dish for the others. We like spicy food so plenty to have there.
on 25 January 2011
No doubt this one is the best one for preasure vegetarian cooking. This one I bought it as a present and I am happy of the present, I bought a different one and got a bit upset because it was not so complete as this one
on 13 March 2016
I am a trained in catering and food service. This book is a good purchase and is certainly a book I use fairly often.

Neil Munro
on 4 January 1998
For the pressure cooker novice, this is a very good book with lots of tips to help you feel right at home with the pressure cooker. I have been quite pleased with all the recipes I have tried. The New Mexican Pinto Bean Soup has the taste of all day simmering - in less than 15 minutes!. One word of caution; Some of the recipes are on the spicy (hot) side. For those with a sensitive palate, I suggest that the hot spices be reduced/omitted as the pressure cooker tend to intensify the heat of the spice.
on 17 November 2015
I like this book, a lot of good ideas.