on 26 February 2000
This is a delightful book with an unusual twist of looking at the world from a monsters perspective. Monsters are afraid of HUMANS ! or am I giving too much away. Written in accessible poetry I would recommend it to any parent, my daughter loves it.
on 11 December 2003
I first read this book to my young cousin years ago and have been buying it for kids ever since. It's beautifully written and illustrated - and has a wonderful way of making kids think that monsters are not scary at all. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a book for a child, it's an ideal present!
on 29 March 2005
My sister from San Francisco bought this book during her travels to Hong Kong for my oldest son (he is now 17) when he was a baby. I've read it so often to him for many years, I had the entire book memorized. It got lost during one of our relocations (my husband is in the US Navy), and I finally found and accidentally ordered the U.S. version. The poem is so inferiorly different, using American terminology, that I cannot bear to read it to my younger ones now. This is a rare find, and definitely the better of the two editions. A must buy!
on 5 November 2006
The pictures are wonderful and the idea behind it inspired. In this story the main character (the baby monster) is terrified by the possibility that there may be humans under his bed. What a wonderful turn round of children's fears
on 5 June 2003
I bought this book in the 1980s for my youngest daughter who is now 22! I read it so often to her and her sisters that I can quote most of it by heart. We all loved the story of Dennis, the little monster who looked for humans under his bed......and eventually found one. I've just bought another copy for my great nephew and hope he'll enjoy it as much as we did.
A super book.
on 2 December 2009
I love this book, The Monster Bed. If you have a child/ren who are scared of monsters under te bed, this is a perfect book. It has great illustrations and is written in a sing-song rhyme. The book people are great sellers, fast and efficiant. Will definately use them again. 10/10
on 23 November 2009
My three year old twins love this book so much that they learnt it off by heart!
on 31 May 2001
I've been buying this book as a present for small children for years. It's been favourite bedtime reading for all of them and is enjoyed by the parents too.
The story is imaginative, but not scary, and the verse has a lovely rhythm. Illustrations are graphic enough to appeal to small children and don't lose their appeal over time.
on 1 September 2010
When my Daughters were young (Now 25 and 27) this book was their favourite of all, to the point that, even today, we can all still recite the story word for word. I have just bought two new copies to include in their family history scrapbooks which I am preparing for them for Christmas - you may hear their squeals of delight from there !!!
on 23 June 2014
I read this book to my children when they were small, so I was delighted to find it on Amazon for my granddaughter. The book arrived earlier than expected which was brilliant. My granddaughter who is four loves it and has read it with her mummy every night since it arrived. Prompt and efficient service.