5.0 out of 5 stars Great family cookbook!
Published on 27 Nov. 2003 by Abbi H

3.0 out of 5 stars disappionted
Published on 18 April 2012 by jadetassi10

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family cookbook!, 27 Nov. 2003
I have an extensive collection of cookbooks, particularly from TV chefs I enjoy watching, but generally find only a few recipes in each book that I actually want to try, and few of those that I want to try a second time. I bought this book in an effort to lose some weight, and am amazed to find it's actually one of the two best cookbooks I've ever used (the other being Ainsley Harriott's Low Fat Meals in Minutes, bought at almost the same time).
There are recipes on most pages that really tickle my taste buds, they're all healthy and very quick and easy to cook. I'm not exaggerating - I'm a fussy eater and a rubbish cook! I've always been distinctly dubious about low-fat foods, but I set my husband and I a challenge to eat only low-fat meals for three weeks. We're now on week four and loving every moment, because we're eating nicer and easier meals than we ever have before! My toddler loves them too (we cook without salt for her sake), though of course her meals are supplemented with full-fat milk and yoghurts.
My only word of criticism would be that the portions are sometimes unrealistic - they seem to aim for the same number of points/calories whether carbohydrates like rice or pasta are included or not. This means that while a meal that doesn't include the carbohydates in the recipe (ie the goulash we had tonight, served with plain rice on the side) is probably about right portion-wise, a 'four-person' recipe for a mix of meat and pasta (or whatever) is about right for two adults and one toddler.
Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential family cookbook, not just for dieters!, 26 Nov. 2003
There are recipes on most pages that really tickle my taste buds, they're all healthy and very quick and easy to cook. I'm not exaggerating - I'm a fussy eater and a rubbish cook! I've always been distinctly dubious about low-fat foods, but I set my husband and I a challenge to eat only low-fat meals for three weeks. We're now on week four and loving every moment, because we're eating nicer and easier meals than we ever have before! My toddler loves them too (we cook without salt for her sake), though of course her meals are supplemented with full-fat milk and yoghurts and she only has one low-fat meal a day.
Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Meals, 26 Feb. 2008
S. Ward (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weight Watchers: The Pure Points Cookbook (Paperback)
I've had this book for quite a while now, and this along with some other weight watchers books are invaluable. The meals are simple to cook, and do not require elaborate ingredients. Both myself and husband love them. Its rare we find a meal we do not like.
The only critisim is their idea of portions sizes, but with time you quickly become use to working out how much you need to make.

4.0 out of 5 stars A real cook book for real people, 26 July 2010
Haystacks78 (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weight Watchers: The Pure Points Cookbook (Paperback)
I am very pleased with this purchase. I am not on any type of diet as such, but I am looking to change my eating habits after becoming too reliant on takeaways. This is a real cook book for real people on realistic budgets with limited time. I am no Nigella, but have managed quite a few of these recipes and my husband has always gone back for seconds! The veggie section is really good and all the recipes can be adapted with very little imagination to use what you have in the cupboard or fridge. I especially like the recommendations for freezing certain foods, or using them in lunch boxes for work the next day, which presents good value for money and a reason not to overeat the night before so as not to waste the food.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better eating, 4 Feb. 2009
Mrs. E. Algar (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weight Watchers: The Pure Points Cookbook (Paperback)
I bought this as my husband is wanting to loose weight but hates diets. It has improved our way of eating and we hate having anything like burgers (even once!) now. All our meals are from this book now and I have gone on to buy several more for my relatives.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic book, 5 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Weight Watchers: The Pure Points Cookbook (Paperback)
I have just started the weight-watchers diet and thought this could help. It is fabulous and even if I wasn't on a diet I would still buy this book again. It uses everyday ingredients rather then weight-watchers products which is fantastic as my local supermarket does not stock many of them. I will be recommending this book to other foodies I know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weight watchers The Pure Points Book, 1 Jun. 2010
S. Dean - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weight Watchers: The Pure Points Cookbook (Paperback)
Excellent book with lots of different kinds of recipes and suggestions and all pointed for convenience. Easily navigated with sections clearly labelled and no nonsense approach to ingredients. Good section on desserts and sweets as well.The value of this book is that it is suitable for non weight watchers too..

5.0 out of 5 stars Most used cookbook, 3 April 2009
This review is from: Weight Watchers: The Pure Points Cookbook (Paperback)
We have had this book for ages and you can judge its usefulness by the tatty state it is in. I use it every week and the recipes are excellent and, if you didn't know the source, you wouldn't believe they are diet recipes

4.0 out of 5 stars The Pure Points Cookbook, 24 July 2009
Moira Marshall "Cat-lady" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weight Watchers: The Pure Points Cookbook (Paperback)
Delighted with this Weightwatchers cookbook - have tried lots of the recipes and they are quite easy.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappionted, 18 April 2012
This review is from: Weight Watchers: The Pure Points Cookbook (Paperback)
I have recently joined weight watchers and bought the book to save me working out the points of each meal. I cooked a few of the reciepies which were lovely but when i checked them against weight watchers new pro points a soup which told me was 2 points turned out to be 10 points it was a big difference which ment that i went over my point allowance for that day. If you want just a healthy cook book it does have some lovely reciepies but if you want to use it for weight watchers pro points then i would advise against it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Weight Watchers: The Pure Points Cookbook
Weight Watchers: The Pure Points Cookbook by Sue Ashworth (Paperback - 1 Jan. 2003)
Used & New from: £0.01