The Economic Institutions of Capitalism
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£20.83+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 3 August 2008
Williamson's EIOC is not the easiest read, but the insights it offers are real gems. The book explores the spectrum of contract space from deep liquid commodity markets, through a range of intermediate structures through to vertical itegration by common ownership. Read in conjunction with other "standard" MBA texts on micro-economics a balanced understanding of how markets clear and why they are so structured can be reached. A key focus is vertical integration, but the text offers much more. I used it as a key reference in a Henley Management College MBA dissertation on the factors influencing VI in the UK Electricity, but have found the ideas it contains to be more broadly applicable than I expected. See also papers by Coase, Harrigan, and Joskow et al if VI is your thing.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 14 December 1997
I came across this book as part of my MBA studies at the Cox School of Business. A professor recommended it for expanded understanding of vertical integration theories. In fact, my professor is cited in the book! I found it to be very valuable and plan to keep it as a reference for years to come!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again