5.0 out of 5 stars Humanistic source of motivation for life change
This became a major best-seller, highly influential in both management and personal development circles. Covey's seven habits are fairly obvious, fairly simple, yet are lost in the morass of hype and counter-hype his book provoked.
Covey looked at the characteristics of the successful, reducing these to seven principles, seven good habits that successful people...
Published on 31 Dec 2004 by Budge Burgess

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for being efficient, poor for finding true happiness
When I first got this book, I worked for a large company and I thought this books principles principles greatly improved my productivity.
Now I work for myself and have time to consider things more thoroughly, I realised that this book was partly responsible for me making myself thoroughly miserable.
It's fine to be an "effective" person - but what...
Published on 29 Jun 2000

‹ Previous | 132 33 3438 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars fast and reliable!, 5 Oct 2011
This review is from: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Paperback)
i ordered this book and not expecting it will come too fast eventhough i was informed that it will come to me in weeks of time! so happy it was send quickly to my address. Plus, the book was in good condition! :) thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars life changing book!, 4 Jun 2010
Anoop Kumar Sohun (Mauritius) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Paperback)
the 7 habits towards a better life! very nice book showing the qualities that everyone of us should have. however, some of the examples seem too nice to be true!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Seven Habits, 4 Feb 2010
Mr. D. D. Henderson (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I found this book vey informative and easy to follow and would recommend this to anyone with an interest in self development.

5.0 out of 5 stars 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey, 21 April 2009
This review is from: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Paperback)
This was a present and the 4 time I have bought this book.
Truely recommended... a must read for everyone who could do with a little self help. Once you get into this book you can't put it down....

5.0 out of 5 stars An Exceptional Book, 20 Nov 2008
Susan Donlon - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Paperback)
In browsing my book shelf I came upon and then found myself rereading this incredibly simple yet profound book. The principles and ideas Stephen writes about are truly ways to discover how to live your life as the person you want to be. I especially found the section where Stephen writes about how powerful unexamined attitudes and perceptions influence how I react toward situations and others. Once I started looking at my predetermined thoughts...those same situations became less mundane and irritating. My experiences became more authentic, meaningful and enjoyable instantaneously. Stephen writes of this as a "paradigm shift", where our attitudes and behaviors, left unexamined, shape how we feel and act in our life in mechanical patterns.

Two authors that have also inspired and ignited my passion for living a magnificent life are Ariel & Shya Kane. The Kanes works: "Being Here: Modern Day Tales of Enlightenment", "Working on Yourself Doesn't Work: The 3 Simple Ideas That Will Instantaneously Transform Your Life","How to Create a Magical Relationship: The 3 Simple Ideas that Will Instantaneously Transform Your Love Life: The 3 Simple Ideas That Will Instantaneously Transform Your Love Life" and their internet radio show "Being Here" on Voiceamerica.com are all indispensable sources I turn to in supporting my well-being in all areas of my life. I highly recommend the Kanes and Stephen Covey classic, timeless book "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People."

5.0 out of 5 stars An Exceptional Book, 20 Nov 2008
Susan Donlon - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Stil the most influential self improvement book I've read, 16 July 2008
This review is from: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Paperback)
This is the one book I unfailingly recommend to others who want to be more successful in work or life in general.
I've read it several times and still find its ideas central to how I go about things in life. Hence buying it for a friend just now!
Covey makes a compelling (and welcome) case for the substance of real character over the cult of projected and perceived personality as the 'secret' to sustainable success in life.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best christmas gifts to any teenager, 16 Dec 2007
This review is from: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Paperback)
It might very well save them a lot of pain, by acting as a lighthouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reading that must be absorbed over a period of time., 6 Mar 2000
By A Customer
To reap benefits from this book it should be read carefully and pondered over a period of time as it is not a quick fix (and it is not intended to be one). It has helped me analyze my current style and pinpointed where I need to improve. I've recommended it to others in the global organization (both my colleagues and collaborators) that I currently work in.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book with the basics to get you moving, 13 July 1998
By A Customer
it will try to get you moving but if you call the 800 number to order a sample of the weekly worksheet you better not hold your breath waiting for it to arrive. i've tried three times over the last 6 months and still don't have it. i've offered to buy it and still can't get it. i think stephen should practice what he preaches.

‹ Previous | 132 33 3438 | Next ›

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey (Paperback - 4 Jan 2004)
10.49