4.0 out of 5 stars Woof!, 11 Aug 2001
C. Birch (Redditch, England) - See all my reviews
Very good book for anyone who likes dogs regardless of whether they own one or plan to. Data has been collected and well worked out to determine both personalities of dogs and your own personality so that the two can be properly put together. Can provide a wonderful aid in determining which dogs are best for you.
It is also full of stories of real life dogs and thier owners, and of people who didn't have dogs for one reason or another, who reacted to other peoples.
It explains all the aspects of the book in easy to understand terms, and keeps you occupied with both the stories and the facts.
A very good read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent readable book by Coren, but . . ., 13 Sep 1999
By A Customer
The history is great, if you like that kind of thing (I do). Ditto for the biographical sketches. The personality test was very interesting, but I took it several times over the course of a year or so and got rather different results, although I was trying to be as honest as possible each time. Fun to read, but I would use this book only as a first step -- and I'm not sure that I would ever reject a breed solely on the basis of its information. The groups Coren separates his breeds into make a lot of sense intuitively, and the statistics seem to make sense too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 27 Feb 2014
Hiraethus o Gymru (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is quite interesting reading, having a dog which was not my personal choice but who has proved to be my soulmate and dearly loved companion for over four years now and hopefully for many more since she is still fairly young. I couldn't have picked a better dog, although at the time I had not intended to have one, and inherited this one more by accident than design. So, it was good to compare notes to see how accurate the book was in deciding what animal would be chosen had circumstances been different. An entertaining read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Realy interesting, 23 Oct 2009
This book is really interesting and will give you an insight into the characters and natures of dogs, and the owners who choose them. I especially enjoyed the little snips about famous people and the dogs they chose. It is well written, easy reading that any dog lover will enjoy.

Why We Love the Dogs We Do: How to Find the Dog That Matches Your Personality