VINE VOICEon 7 May 2002
What a great book, I learnt more about Tarot from this book in one evening than I have in four years of using them. Very clear and easy to use. The different interpretation based on the type of reading was useful and would suit a complete beginner.
on 1 November 2001
What I really like in this book is the fact that each card is being interpreted in different fields, i.e., general, work, romance, health, etc. This is very useful as, sometimes, it is hard to interpret a card in a particular field from a general meaning, what most books stick to. Furthermore, there are lots of good spreads to choose from and you're bound to find the one you need. I've only had this book recently, but it's my favourite...
on 16 March 1999
I've been trying to work with tarot for close to 20 years now and have had little luck with the majority of the books on the market. Power Tarot is easy to use, the spreads are wonderful and the interpretations make sense. If I had to recommend one book to my friends who're interested in Tarot, this would be the one.
on 25 January 1999
This is not a book for beginners. Those interested in learning the meanings of the cards would be better served by Louis' TAROT PLAIN AND SIMPLE or Kaser's TAROT IN TEN MINUTES. However, for the more experienced reader of the Tarot, POWER TAROT offers challenging and intriguing new spreads. Beyond the traditional Celtic cross readings, the spreads and layouts are challenging, interesting, and fresh approaches to this ancient art of divination. While there is a section on the meanings of the individual cards, it is too breif, and supposes some knowledge on the part of the reader. But for the reader comfortable the Tarot symbols and interpretation, the spreads in POWER TAROT offers innovation and room for growth. Well written, easy to read, and lavishly illustrated, POWER TAROT is an excellent addition to the divination library
on 8 June 1999
POWER TAROT is a no nonsense tarot book that will absolutely energize intermediate tarot readers (I agree with some of the other reviews that the book isn't for very beginngers -- the card descriptions are a bit difficult). The spreads cover almost any situation and not only provide answers, but new ways of looking at the questions. The demystification of the tarot that the authors practice actually makes tarot more powerful because it makes it accessible. Their distinctly modernist and Jungian philosophy of the tarot is also inspiring. Highly recommended.
on 16 July 1998
I love Power Tarot because not only does it include quick references to the general meaning of the cards, but it's also easy to read and understand! Power Tarot is unique. I've yet found a tarot book (until now) that includes specific card meanings according to various types of situations and issues that may come up in our daily life - plus it includes a section on many wonderful spreads. Power Tarot is a must have tarot book. Beginner's as well as advance Tarot readers will not be disappointed.
on 16 October 1998
I loved the spreads in this book. They cover a wide range of situations and are a must have for anyone who does readings. The only thing I didnt like about this book is that reversed cards were not covered at all. Other books who choose not to interpret each reversed cards at least give an explanation of their significance. Otherwise a great book. The interpretations for different types of situations are helpful--but warning to the beginning reader they can also be confusing.
on 2 October 2010
A very good book. Lots and lots of spreads, I am enjoying working my way through them, a little more direction on some of the spreads may have been helpful but the spreads are varied.

The meanings for each card are really helpful. They are set out for different scenarios, for each card you get a general meaning, one for getting it in a reading, one for romance, health, finance, work, sprit, etc and this is really the very best bit of the book for me. As a novice I would sometimes look at a card in a position in the spread and go ERH????????? Basically not have a clue to how that card could possible relate to that question/spread position, (please tell me i'm not the only one this happens to!) this book is really helpful for the novice erh moment! it points you in the right direction, sometimes guides you in a bit of lateral thinking and delivers you to the arhhhhh moment quite nicely (mostly)

so this book is a keeper not just for the spreads. My friend who is also learning Tarot thought it was excellent and I have one on its way for her to...

The papers that yellow old looking paper (sure theres a technical description for that but I don't know it!) but it doesnt detract from the information in the book.
on 23 July 1998
I love this book because it is so complete. All the cards are defined in depth, including the court cards and the pips, which are often given short shrift in other tarot books. With 101 spreads to choose from, there is something for everyone and a spread for every situation. Anyone can start reading the cards immediately with just this one book and a tarot deck. Highly recommended! Order a copy today. You'll be glad you did.
on 16 July 1998
I have found this book to be a valuable aid in learning to read the Tarot. I'm constantly referring to the book while reading for myself or for others. It has helped me to understand the Tarot more than any other book I've read on the same subject. I highly recommend it for readers of all expertise, from beginners to experts.