Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
VINE VOICEon 7 May 2002
What a great book, I learnt more about Tarot from this book in one evening than I have in four years of using them. Very clear and easy to use. The different interpretation based on the type of reading was useful and would suit a complete beginner.
on 1 November 2001
What I really like in this book is the fact that each card is being interpreted in different fields, i.e., general, work, romance, health, etc. This is very useful as, sometimes, it is hard to interpret a card in a particular field from a general meaning, what most books stick to. Furthermore, there are lots of good spreads to choose from and you're bound to find the one you need. I've only had this book recently, but it's my favourite...
on 16 March 1999
I've been trying to work with tarot for close to 20 years now and have had little luck with the majority of the books on the market. Power Tarot is easy to use, the spreads are wonderful and the interpretations make sense. If I had to recommend one book to my friends who're interested in Tarot, this would be the one.
on 25 January 1999
This is not a book for beginners. Those interested in learning the meanings of the cards would be better served by Louis' TAROT PLAIN AND SIMPLE or Kaser's TAROT IN TEN MINUTES. However, for the more experienced reader of the Tarot, POWER TAROT offers challenging and intriguing new spreads. Beyond the traditional Celtic cross readings, the spreads and layouts are challenging, interesting, and fresh approaches to this ancient art of divination. While there is a section on the meanings of the individual cards, it is too breif, and supposes some knowledge on the part of the reader. But for the reader comfortable the Tarot symbols and interpretation, the spreads in POWER TAROT offers innovation and room for growth. Well written, easy to read, and lavishly illustrated, POWER TAROT is an excellent addition to the divination library
on 8 June 1999
POWER TAROT is a no nonsense tarot book that will absolutely energize intermediate tarot readers (I agree with some of the other reviews that the book isn't for very beginngers -- the card descriptions are a bit difficult). The spreads cover almost any situation and not only provide answers, but new ways of looking at the questions. The demystification of the tarot that the authors practice actually makes tarot more powerful because it makes it accessible. Their distinctly modernist and Jungian philosophy of the tarot is also inspiring. Highly recommended.
on 16 July 1998
I love Power Tarot because not only does it include quick references to the general meaning of the cards, but it's also easy to read and understand! Power Tarot is unique. I've yet found a tarot book (until now) that includes specific card meanings according to various types of situations and issues that may come up in our daily life - plus it includes a section on many wonderful spreads. Power Tarot is a must have tarot book. Beginner's as well as advance Tarot readers will not be disappointed.
on 23 July 1998
I love this book because it is so complete. All the cards are defined in depth, including the court cards and the pips, which are often given short shrift in other tarot books. With 101 spreads to choose from, there is something for everyone and a spread for every situation. Anyone can start reading the cards immediately with just this one book and a tarot deck. Highly recommended! Order a copy today. You'll be glad you did.
on 16 July 1998
I have found this book to be a valuable aid in learning to read the Tarot. I'm constantly referring to the book while reading for myself or for others. It has helped me to understand the Tarot more than any other book I've read on the same subject. I highly recommend it for readers of all expertise, from beginners to experts.
I started reading tarot cards a few years ago and bought this book. At the time I was merely 'playing' around with the tarot and found this book puzzling as there were so many spreads I did not know where to start. However, I have moved on with tarot reading now to a stage where I read professionally for clients and feel much more at ease with the tarot. There are still far too many spreads in here for any one person to memorise and use practically on a day to day basis, but there are certainly many to choose from where you can pick one or two to use for situations that arise often in your readings. i.e. Clients who have questions which derive froma reading and want further clarification which is just not coming from the current reading or in fact slightly detracts from the initial reading. The most useful portion of this book though, I found, as the card meanings. I do not agree with all of them as tarot is a very personal experience where your own intuition is very much part of a reading and therefore your interpretation is what counts but this book gives a really clearly laid out explanation of each card's meaning in relation to different areas such as romance or work. Despite the fact that I read professionally and my readings are often relative to the client, there are some cases where I struggle with a particular card to 'fit' it into the reading. This book has helped and I still flick through it from time to time to refresh my ideas and lend better awareness to my own interpretations of the cards. I don't think any reader will ever use more than 2 or 3 spreads to approach their readings but it is still a useful book to certainly give you the opportunity to try a few and see which you feel at ease with and which work for you.
on 17 June 1998
I enjoyed flipping through the book searching an adequate spread for an immediate question. The book is fun and easy to read and use. It opens doors for the beginner as well as the long time Tarot reader.