Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

on 18 November 1998
This has had to be one of the best books I have ever read.Reading about the mafia and all the stuff that they did is really interesting to me. I have seen the movies and I thought that they were really good so I wanted to read the book and know if it was like the movie and it pretty much was and that is what made the book really good.this is the reason why I give this book five stars.This is one book that I would recamend.
on 16 August 2015
In truth a disappointment. An enthusiast of the Godfather series convinced me that the production history was so rich in anecdotal incident that any book on the subject was worth reading. After some research, this book seemed to be the most highly regarded. The book is quite well written with a large display of photos, some of which are very interesting. The problem is the subject matter is nowhere near as captivating as I was led to believe. I was hoping for eye-brow raising tales of confrontation and appeasement with organised crime, but these were all too few and mainly in the first few chapters of the book. The rest is largely Coppola's endless clashes with unions, crew, studio bosses and local politicians, all of which became boring after a while.
on 17 April 1998
Great in all aspects (source material, trivia not previously covered in other books/articles, etc.), except that Parts II and III kind of get short shrift!
I know that just getting Brando, Coppola and everybody else on board was a huge undertaking and that's why the launch of the "franchise" gets so much ink, but many of us (including me) are partial to Part II and wanted a bit more on Pacino/Michael's continued character development, as well as more on DeNiro/Young Vito Corleone. Maybe another volume?
on 23 February 1997
Harlan Lebo has done a magnificent job with this latest expose on the making of The Godfather trilogy series! The book is a wonderful, and necessary, part of a Godfather fan's collection. My two hour chat with Harlan last month made the wait almost unbearable, yet it was well worth it! As Webmaster of The Godfather Trilogy and The Official Mario Puzo Library websites ([...] I deem this a Must-Have for all Padrinophiles!
on 18 January 2016
This is a good book, provides a good depth of info without getting bogged down. The only negative I would say is that some colour photos would have been nice, as they're all in black and white. But other than that a good purchas
on 5 July 1998
Excellent book on the making on the Godfather trilogy. I hope the author next tackles the making of 1.) Jaws & J2 2.) the Batman movies,and 3.) Superman & S2. Lebo has a nice easy style,I hope he keeps it up.