5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read
I was a bit cautious when choosing this book, first of all because of the cover, but more importantly because of B Tracy's website which for me personally looks like a typical American kitch with lots of cheap enthusiasm, makeover pictures, badly chosen colours and general chaos in terms of layout.

Fortunately, a friend of mine recommended it to me and I bought...
Published on 17 April 2009 by Ania O.

1.0 out of 5 stars Advanced Selling Strategies
Book is out of date. It's an elongated 'pep-talk' for scared salespeople. The kind of rubbish that so-called Sales Guru's used to spout when selling was based upon inappropriate HARD CLOSING. The misleading word in the title is 'strategies': what it should say is:- 'one man's view on how it should be done and how you too can do it may way'.
Published on 25 Nov 2011 by SalesMan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 17 April 2009
This review is from: Advanced Selling Strategies: The Proven System of Sales Ideas, Methods and Techniques Used by Top Salespeople Everywhere (Paperback)

Fortunately, a friend of mine recommended it to me and I bought it.

It proved absolutely fantastic, starting from the very beginning, that is, what you really want to do with your life, and then going step by step into how to change every aspect of it in order to reflect your Will. Brian knows how to sell his ideas, but what I find extremely valuable is that he doesn't force anyone to think in a particular way, or to do something against their Will. He doesnt even take for granted the fact that the reader wants to do sales (I can imagine people could read it just to realise they DON'T want to do it), but if they do, he gives a sophisticated plan as to how improve your skills and abilities resulting in better sales and life in general.

The only downside of Mr Tracy is that although he encourages a reader to 'think big,' he quite clearly limits himself to American public (e.g. cover), probably not believing or even taking under consideration the fact the book might become popular overseas.

5.0 out of 5 stars PRAGMATIC & POWERFUL! DESERVES A HIGHER RATING THAN A 10!, 2 May 1998
By A Customer
I have been an astute student of Brian Tracy since 1989. My introduction to Mr Tracy was "The Pyschology of Selling" and "The Phoenix Seminar-Pyschology of Achievement" . His programs have made a powerful impact on my life, in my sales career and in personal relationships as well. I was able to rebuild myself from the inside out and completely turn my sales career around. I went from 64th out of 66 in my sales group to 3rd out of 75 in one month! Brian's books are as easy to read as his tapes are easy to listen to. If you want to jump start your sales career--this is the bok to buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but frustrating to read, 13 Mar 2007
This book is a must for anyone stuck in a rut and looking to take a new perspective on their sales career. It is also full of useful tips and tactics to use when selling. One thing I will say is that it is the most frustrating book to read. He repeats things over and over, but I spose that it drills it into your brain. Still a very good read though!

5.0 out of 5 stars an absoloute must, 14 July 2001
By A Customer
If you are just moving into sales or have become a bit tired and jaded with it, this really is the book to read. I was fed up with my job and was looking for a book that could help me through the boredom while I thought of something 'better' to do. Since reading it I can't think of any other field I want to work in more than sales and putting the advice from this book into practice has made a genuine impact on my sales figures. The change in my attitude has also had a positive effect on my colleagues who couldn't understand my new found enthusiasm and sales increase at first. Now there is a que to read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, 9 July 2008
Not much of a book person, but was happy to take all the help I could get (being new in sales), so read about 30% of this book and the very next day I did more sales than ever before. One month later, I'm the top 20% of performers and one of the two people who have hit their target half way through the quarter.....definitely worth every penny and worth keeping for future reference.

Brian Tracy applies common sense / logic, but offers the experience that is similar to listening to a guy who is top of his game and been in sales for years. I have a lot to thank this man for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Advanced Selling Strategies, 25 Nov 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly perfect, 8 July 2010
Mr. B. M. Fisher "Ben" (Hull, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent read. Empowering.

I would have given five stars, but, as seems to be the case with many books of this genre, the author seems the get pseudo-science mixed up with fact. Just as you're getting into a point and feeling encouraged by it they'll throw in some nonsense which is either scientifically impossible or simple babble. Whilst I appreciate the time this book was written at I also feel salesmen should stick to selling things and leave the science and fact to people who have a true understanding for it!

4.0 out of 5 stars This book will give you confidence by the bucket load, 1 Nov 2009
I looked at this book a few times before I decided to purchase. Although intruiging I thought it might be a bit too American for me, with the UK motor industry being different from the UK.
I did buy it, obviously! and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Some of the ideas may not necessarily work in my country or industry, but the book is not just about selling, it is a motivational tool to help anyone raise their confidence.
As most of us know, confidence is the key to being successful in sales and Brian Tracy gives it to you in bucket loads.
It echoes alot of what has already been said by major American motivators, especially when it comes to "change", but I think I am a wiser person for reading it, so it gets my vote.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for me, the sales novice, 31 Oct 2009
I've been slung in the deep end of the sales pool and needed a mentor to help me swim. I feel I have it in this book, although I must admit I'm still in the early stages of it. He seems to know what he's talking about and I'm poring over his every word in the hope that a little of his sales magic will rub off. It's not a book I can dip in and out of randomly, it's one I've had to read page by page in chronological order. Perhaps that's why it's taking me a while to get through it. Still, I'm happy with my choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and usefull book for sales professionals, 13 April 1999
By A Customer
This book is the first I would advise to anyone involved in sales. It is very comprehensive and detailled and deals with the general overview rather than treating seperate issues. Only bad point I find is that it is a bit too textual. Some clear summaries and graphs could make its reading a bit less heavy, but then again, these are formal issues. This is all well compensated by the comprehensive content.Hence 5 stars well deserved.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›