5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on how to improve your golf.
Published on 28 April 2002 by alex13ward@aol.com

3.0 out of 5 stars Good advice but a bit long winded
I like the Bob Rotella books and find them helpful. The advice can be summarised in just a few pages, but he builds his chapters around the points so that they are a bit more memorable. This will help many golfers and I think it has helped me a bit, but nowhere near as much as improving my technique through mixture of coaching, practice and the odd DVD/technical book...
Published on 17 July 2008 by Golf Mad Harvey

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on how to improve your golf., 28 April 2002
alex13ward@aol.com (Peterborough, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Golf is Not a Game of Perfect (Hardcover)
This book is the best book i have ever read and it is designed for any golfer who wants to get better. It helps you devise a simple way of playing and tries to generate a feeling of trust in your own ability. It is written in easy to relate to stories of professional golfers and the problems they and golfers of all abilities face on and off the golf course. I believe that buying this book is money very well spent and it is almost certain to help you reduce your scores without even changing your clubs or your swing, only the way you think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Any standard of golfer will benefit from reading this book., 19 Dec 1999
This review is from: Golf is Not a Game of Perfect (Hardcover)
As Nick Price says on the cover, Bob Rotella takes what seem to be very complicated situations and turns them into screamingly obvious simple ideas and concepts. This book is a great read. Bob explains his ideas and backs them up with anecdotes taken from the games past. This is what seperates this book from others I have read on the mental game of golf. I'm sure that if anyone uses the philosophies and practices put forward in this book, they will certainly improve their handicap, whilst having fun doing it! Can't wait to get to the course (shame it's snowing!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars the best book for improving your golf, 23 Mar 2004
bob kullen (canada,N,america.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Golf is Not a Game of Perfect (Hardcover)
this book is the book to buy if you want to dramatically lower your scores. it might not improve your ball striking but it will let you think more effectively on the golf course and increase your enjoyment of the game. if you just buy one rotella book (although i recommend that you buy them all!!) you would probably be best with this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book on sports psychology, 18 Aug 2002
This review is from: Golf is Not a Game of Perfect (Hardcover)
This book is really great for two reasons. First it gives a lot of practical techniques that can be applied by any golfer regardless of the handicap. The techniques are well-described and supported by really convincing examples from the authors large experience. The rules and techniques taught pass my own "sanity check" and I think this would apply to all golfers. Second, the book is interesting to read since it has a lot of really amazing anecdotes concerning some of the very best golfers of all times. I really think this book is worthwile to read and I am looking forward to apply the teachings in the field.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book!, 23 Oct 2001
This review is from: Golf is Not a Game of Perfect (Hardcover)
If your swing fundamentals are reasonably sound this book will knock shots off your scores. I don't hit the ball any better since reading this book, but somehow I end up taking 2-3 fewer shots for any given round. Since I was playing off 4 when I read it (and 3 within 2 weeks), I see this book and the principles it outlines as my route to scratch. If you have a fair degree of control over where your golf ball is going, this book will transform your scoring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe in your golf again, 18 Nov 2002
This review is from: Golf is Not a Game of Perfect (Hardcover)
If you know you are a better golfer than your handicap suggests (and that's almost all golfers) then this is the book for you. If you want to have better focus and ensure that your scores are the best they can be (how many shots do you leave out on the course every round and replay later in your mind) then you will find this book most interesting.
I myself took a couple of weeks to focus properly, however, I have found I am now more regularly focusing only on the target and the shot I am about to hit, rather than six holes in the future, with much better results.
Also, at the driving range I've changed from hitting lots of drivers and long irons to picking out short targets and having a bit of fun with wedge shots etc. Bob recommends that the short game gets the most attention and that you really believe in your ability to get up and down from anywhere.
You will believe in your ability after reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting and it does work, well my game has improved, 5 Oct 2001
By A Customer
I have never listened to a self help tape before and when I saw this in the shop I just had to buy it to see if they really do work.
The first time you listen to it it is interesting to hear the stories Bob Rotella tells but also when he details some of the problems people experience when playing golf you really believe he is talking directly at you!
I have now listened to the tape at least ten times and have taken his suggestions to the driving range, and have to say the "look at the target, look at the ball and swing" really does work.
I am now ready to go out on the course and break 100 which is my target.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this now, but don't tell your friends........., 1 Feb 2002
This review is from: Golf is Not a Game of Perfect (Hardcover)
What can I say,this book is spooky.In the space of 6 months since reading this my handicap has tumbled from a dodgy 18 to 11 and I still think I have a improvements.The ideas and principals are so simple and easily explained that one might wonder why they never thought of them.Other reviewers have said it but it really is the most amazing book I have read on Golf.This rates well above 5 stars,go ,buy, then hammer your friends on the course......

4.0 out of 5 stars Sharp, inspirational writing, 19 Aug 2008
William Cohen (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I don't play golf, I write speeches for golfers, so I thought I'd read a book to see if it gave me any ideas. Rotella uses golf as a metaphor for life, so I found the lessons that he had to offer could be applicable to writing and any other sport or discipline. There is nothing profound or original about this book, but it is well-structured and easy-to-read.

I got out of it, the importance of enjoying yourself when your playing, and not getting too hung-up about mistakes. Change your technique in your own time, just play on the course. Don't allow past disappointments to get you down. Do some 'creative visualisation'. Note that professionals just reduce the number of bad strokes they play to an absolute minimum, they aren't trying to play a winner every shot. (Tennis is a good example of that). Short game is what sorts out the sheep from the goats.

I found it a refreshing read, and I got an insight into a golfer's mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely superb, 19 Dec 2001
This review is from: Golf is Not a Game of Perfect (Hardcover)
Your golf cannot fail to improve if you read this book. It will teach you things about the mental side of golf that no Pro ever will and teaches you things that, when you realise them, are so blindingly obvious that you will be embarrassed that they didn't occur to you earlier! Many concepts within the book can be extended to aspects of your life as well as your golf.
As for chick-pulling.................yeah, I think it could work!

Golf is Not a Game of Perfect
Golf is Not a Game of Perfect by Bob Cullen (Hardcover - 1 May 1996)
Used & New from: £0.01