on 17 November 2015
Great book for learning better techniques and an enjoyable read even while you're not knitting.
on 17 July 2015
very useful book although old, 1970, some things do not change! good value and prompt delivery.
on 19 June 2009
Brilliant read for knitters of all experience, ages and specialities. You can always learn something new however long you have been knitting.
on 26 December 2014
Its a classic. I always carry it with me. I use it a lot for everything. Hats, pullovers..
on 27 April 2016
a really well written book from such a great teacher- every knitter should have one
on 10 October 2015
A good knitters book to refer to . One to keep by your side for inspiration
on 17 June 2010
After reading so many positive reviews I decided to buy this book. I am a total beginner as far as knitting is concerned, and this book was not at all what I'm looking for. I really wanted something that would get straight to the point and give clear and concise instructions on how to achieve the basics. I found the style of this book too chatty and it seemed to make assumptions for what you should already know, which is very frustrating when you know nothing. I do also agree with the reviewer who found this book rather dated as well. I went on to order The Knitters Bible: The complete handbook for creative knitters, and am getting along very well with that. This book may be better for someone looking for a refresher rather than a complete novice.
on 15 December 2014
knitted my first cardigan without a pattern using these guidelines!
on 31 December 2012
I read all the really positive reviews of this book and was eager to get my hands on it. I was sadly disappointed. It's more about the author's experiences and opinions than actually about knitting. If you want a book that will teach you how to knit buy Knitty Gritty instead. I returned my copy of this one as I thought it was a waste of money.
on 25 March 2016
Excellent item well packed fast delivery many thanks