5.0 out of 5 stars A great book - good fun and NOT just for children!
On the face of it this book is best suited to children up to 7 years old... but it really has a lot to offer ANYONE who doesn't know what the nine planets are and where they are in relation to the sun! My son (almost 8) found it a great read, although he did comment that it wasn't 'exactly' like a 'proper' Dr Seuss... almost though... he still loves it.
I then took...
Published on 16 Jun. 2004 by BC-Cheshire

3.0 out of 5 stars solar system cat
I was a little disappointed with this book as I thought it tended to get a bit too complicated in parts for a 4 year old, not enough story line.
Published 23 months ago by louisa

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book - good fun and NOT just for children!, 16 Jun. 2004
BC-Cheshire (Cheshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: There's No Place Like Space: All about Our Solar System (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library) (Hardcover)
I then took it into work where it was well received and two colleagues had learned their planets by the end of lunchtime. Great fun! I'd also recommend 'Inside Your Outside', also by Tish Rabe, we loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for introducing a 4 or 5 year old to the solar system, 29 Jun. 2001
By A Customer
I bought this book in the Washington Space Museum - when my 4 year old twins took it to school it became one of the main books used that term to introduce the reception class (age 4/5) to space and the solar system. It's great fun, lots of rhyming, and now my children can recognise each of the planets and tell you the names of the planets in order (Mallory Valerie Ellery Meetzas Just Sold Us Nine-hundred-and-ninety-nine Pizzas!) I'm going to buy a second copy for the school so we can get ours back!

5.0 out of 5 stars informative and entertaining, 22 April 2006
Binka - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought this book for my 4year old as her class were "doing space" at school. She took it into school one day and the teacher read it to the whole class who apparantly all enjoyed it. My daughter certainly loves it and its helped her rememeber things about the different planets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats in Space, 27 Jun. 2010
Lovely Treez (Belfast, N Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I think I benefitted as much from this book as did my two children, one boy, one girl. It is fun, has a great rhythm (as per Dr Seuss usual standards) and has a terrific mnemonic for remembering the planets and their positions. I don't know if it has been reviewed since Pluto was demoted but it's still a fount of information about what's up there including key facts about each planet which I, to my shame, hadn't known prior to my reading. It's a most definite keeper in our household and is still returned to (even by me!)

3.0 out of 5 stars solar system cat, 23 Feb. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars There's no place like space, 14 Mar. 2010
Jose Antonio Ochoa Gonzalez (Madrid, Spain) - See all my reviews
Great book to teach about the planets and the SOlar system. Good for second graders

2.0 out of 5 stars Out of date., 8 April 2009
The book mentions the nine planets - it is no longer valid as Pluto has been declassified & proved to be a 'twin' body since this book was published.
The american wording of this book might also be annoying to some.
Other than the order of the solar system, there's little else in the way of factual enlightenment. Each page has a (very) brief rhyme about each planet which doesn't really impart much knowledge.
For ardent Seuss fans or early readers who are just confident to go it alone.

Used & New from: £0.01