5.0 out of 5 stars BEST KIDS BOOK EVER
My son is now 8, but we have had this book for a while. He loves it, it is funny, educational and entertaining all in one go. We have bought other books from the same author which are good but this is the best. FANTASTIC.
Published on 12 Dec 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars Great book...pity about supplier!
Published 5 months ago by Justine Barnard

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST KIDS BOOK EVER, 12 Dec 2003
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning book to read - for the Mums and Dads too, 13 Aug 2001
By A Customer
A hugely fun book for the kids - and one that the adults should enjoy too. Like all great books for kids, it works on many levels of humour - for young kids through to parents. I'm just having to buy another copy because my 4-year-old gave her copy to her best friend - and now wants it back !

5.0 out of 5 stars You can judge this book by it's cover., 13 April 2000
By A Customer
This book is brilliant! Doctor Dog tells you how to keep clean and healthy in a funny way. It has excellelent illustrations,especially the one of Grandpa flying through the air on his toilet.On world book day I dressed up as the cover of this book because it's my favourite book, and my mum read it to my class and they thought it was cool. READ THIS BOOK IT'S GREAT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - How does she get away with it??, 23 Nov 2003
E. Bryan (Pershore, Worcestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Ms Cole easily makes sensitive subjects funny. I Have bought this book for many children over many years and it is always a hit. Great illustartions and story. Also by author, Mummy laid an Egg is a great gift for both children and new parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, 28 Mar 2009
M. Harrison (UK) - See all my reviews
Written and illustrated by Babette Cole, Dr Dog was a real hit with me. The text is very, very funny, and a bit rude in places which children (and grown up children!) will be amused by. The illustrations are perfect, I especially love Dr Dog's expressions and the close up of the tonsils! Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 April 2013
Helen for [...]

I have enjoyed a few of Babette Cole's stories and when my youngest picked this up in the library I was quite happy to add it to our pile of books to borrow. However the girls decided that we had to read it in the library then and there, so we did and it attracted some comments from other library users too. This is a book that can't fail to induce an opinion!

The story is about the Gumboyle family whose pet dog is also their doctor. This is of huge benefit to them as they are not the most hygienic or healthiest of families! Dr Dog has to treat them for such complaints as smokers cough, head lice and worms as well as tonsillitis, ear ache and tummy ache. He givens good advice and shows the family pictures (drawn in a childlike style) of what is happening in their insides as a result of their lack of cleanliness or their illnesses. It's a great way to get a conversation going about health and hygiene. "Never scratch your bum and suck your thumb" has got us talking about lots of things, as well as raising giggles from the girls.

Dr Dog warns the family of that bad things will befall them if they don't change their ways. I am sure none of them really thought that Grandad Gumboyle's excessive wind would blow the roof off their house though. The illustration for this also causes much merriment as Grandad sails through the air on his toilet as the ruined roof lies beneath him. It may not be what happens to most people but it does make a point!

Unsurprisingly after all this Dr Dog has to have time off for stress - brilliant.

Verdict:This is an irreverent and amusing look at health issues that can affect children and families. It has been well loved for the three weeks it has been in the house!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Dog, 23 April 2009
I bought this book for my 4 year old granddaughter and she loves it! We have read it to her over & over again and she enjoys it everytime. Very funny and makes the little ones think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 4 Mar 2014
Perfect for 3-6 year olds! A bit rude but very funny!! It had my 3 year old in stitches!! Well written and great illustrations

1.0 out of 5 stars Great book...pity about supplier!, 21 Feb 2014
The book is amusing and educational for children. It was bought to use in the classroom, but sadly as the second hand condition of the book wasn't as stated in the information offered by the seller (it was torn and scribbled over), I didn't get to use it with the children, and had to resort to an online version. I complained and I was sent a printable returns label without postage, which in the build-up to Christmas I didn't realise, and the book was eventually returned to me a couple of months later after sitting with Royal Mail. I wouldn't buy a second hand book through Book Donors again! Very poor!

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic that will make you laugh til you cry!, 1 Feb 2014
The funniest and most educational kids story book I've ever read.purchased as a gift as I won't part with mine, even though my kids are 15& 17!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Dr. Dog
Dr. Dog by Babette Cole (Paperback - Mar 1997)
Used & New from: 0.01