5.0 out of 5 stars Colorful rhymes with colorful illustrations, 17 April 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: There's a Wocket in My Pocket!: Dr. Seuss's Book of Ridiculous Rhymes (Bright & Early Board Books) (Board book)
Dr. Suess is one of the greatest poets for kids. Some of his greatest books are "The Cat and the Hat" and "Green Eggs and Ham". All of his books has easy to read; the print is just as bold as the words and pictures in all of his books including this one"There's a Wocket in My Pocket". I have read all of the Dr. Suess books
and they all make children want to learn
to read, and have fun doing it. This book especially the great rhyme,almost sing-songy, helps children want to read along and follow the superb illustrations in the book too. The pictures look almost like hand-colored pencil drawings which makes it so fresh and lively for the children to want to read this book. I absolutely recommend this book along with all of the other Dr.Suess books; it's not only fun for the children it is also fun reading for the parents. Just about any age can really sit down and enjoy a Dr. Suess book like "There's a Wocket in My Pocket" just because it is pure fun to do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming Small Book, 23 April 2013
Dr. Bojan Tunguz (Indiana, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
From some other reviews I've gathered that this is not the full original version of "There's a Wocket in My Pocket," but I don't find this to be a major issue for me. I've never read the original, and only wanted to get a classic children's literature read for my infant son. Dr. Seuss's books are invariably playful, whimsical and charming, and this one is no exception. They can be a lot of fun to read. The little ones who are just learning to speak a playful rhyming sentences can be really attractive. Our son is still too young to fully understand what even the "regular" words mean, so we read him this book mostly in order to expose him to the very act of reading. For that purpose this small book is more than adequate. It's much smaller than most other board books that we own, and even the smallest infant can hold it relatively easily. It's also very durable and can withstand many months and years of infant abuse. A true treasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, beautiful , book., 1 May 2006
young man (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This book fits neatly in to your nappy bag/handbag etc and is a great fun book to carry for those times when you are stuck waiting at the doctors/dentist etc.

It is a sturdy design and my copy has survived two rough and tumble boys that have loved it.

It is short enough to be the "just one more then" story at bed time that they always beg for and is fun.

The words are simple and the rhyme is great for learning to read. Another winner from Dr Seuss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for children of all ages!, 20 April 1998
By A Customer
My daughter won't sit down easily but when I read this book to her seh loved every second of it. She now wants me to read it every day. Dr. Suss's books are GREAT and should be on every childs bookshelf. They intreigue, teach, and are all aroung good books!!!

ARRAY(0xa20e8a5c)