5.0 out of 5 stars Long time favourite
This one is an absolute favourite with my girls from age 1. The book itself is very small but that makes it easy to hold for little hands and it's also handy in my purse when I'm out and about with the kids.
We love to look at all the little details as well besides the flaps - laughing mouse and spider in the net in the barn etc.
Very sturdy, too. Sweet...
Published on 15 Jan. 2008 by Borshee

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, very simple but TINY
I was very shocked when I realised how TINY in size this book is! Its possibly useful for train/plane journeys, but possibly too small for everyday or pre-bedtime reading. I am finding it very hard to find good lift-flap books that have a decent amount or pages or a little story to them.
Published 19 months ago by Annie

5.0 out of 5 stars Long time favourite, 15 Jan. 2008
Borshee (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Open the Barn Door Chunky Flap Bk (Chunky Flap Book) (Board book)
Very sturdy, too. Sweet pictures. They never get bored of it!

I give this as gift along with Good Night! from Claire Masurel for friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the Little One, 30 Sept. 1998
By A Customer
My 1 year old loves this book. This is the only book he consistently goes back to. I had to order another one because the old one is too ripped. This book shows children different animals and their sounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific first flap book!, 12 Jun. 1998
By A Customer
My son was given this book when he was a baby, and still loves it at 3 1/2. It's so worn from use that I'm getting ready to order another copy for my baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for little children, 24 Nov. 2014
This is a board book approximately 4inches by 4inches. It has a wipeable surface and is chunky enough to make it easy for baby to pick up and hold. It has 10 brightly coloured board pages and text concentrates on asking the sounds made by the animals hiding under the flaps. I think young children would love it and as the animals are all farm ones the children will quickly learn the sounds and relate to the animals. I really like it and am sure very little children will derive a lot of pleasure from it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great interative book for infants, 21 Feb. 1998
By A Customer
This is my 10 month old's favorite book. It's a great learning book that promotes interaction, dexterity and reading time. With this book, we no longer have to wait till evening to read (when he's finally wound down)...our son carries it around in hopes that Mommy and Daddy will sit down and read it with him.

5.0 out of 5 stars a little gem, 14 Jun. 2013
I was a little dissappointed whan I received this small book but was proved to be wronng as my grand-daughter always goes for this one as it fits nicely into her tiny hands. Have since looked for similar books of the same size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little book for little fingers, 1 July 2013
Lovely little book. I bought this for my grandaughter and she loves to pick it up and open the little doors to discover the animals. I would certainly recommend it for 1 year upwards. Very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it, 11 Nov. 2013
My son absolutely loves this book and so do we, have much fun searching for the animals behind the flaps. Only minor reservation is the size as it was a lot smaller than we expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for bedtime, 2 Feb. 2012
My brother bought this book as a present for my son, and it was such a hit that when he destroyed it (as babies and toddlers are prone to do) I ordered another copy. The beauty of it is that it is wonderfully simple. My son loves to hear me make the animal sounds before he lifts up the flap and delightedly shouts out the name of the animal. He is two and a half now, knows the alphabet and can recognise rudimentary words but he still loves to sit on Daddy's lap and read the 'cow book' at bedtime.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 11 Mar. 2013
I got this as a little something for my one year old and although when it came I was a little shocked a the size as it is quite small but she loves it. I thought that the doors might have got torn but apart from one folded in half when trying to close the book she has looked after it quite well. She loves the animals behind the doors and wants me to make the sounds over and over again... A real treasure to our book collection.

Open the Barn Door Chunky Flap Bk (Chunky Flap Book)
Open the Barn Door Chunky Flap Bk (Chunky Flap Book) by Christopher Santoro (Board book - 6 April 1993)